1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bin/iso 2 avi

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by aden34, Sep 27, 2004.

1. aden34

aden34 Member

I have a bin / iso file which is a svcd .How can i convert the file to play on my yamada avi,divx,mpeg player please .

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If you have its .CUE you can directly burn the image on a SVCD and try to watch (SVCD are less compatible than VCDs).

Otherwise:

1) If the image is a .BIN (do you have its .CUE or not?):
    extract the AVSEQ01.MPG 'ripped riff file', which is the move, and convert it to a 'true MPEG' (e.g. Video.MPG).
    First, you extract the file from the .BIN with Tools --> (S)VCD Build/Rip --> VCDxRip (the only way to extract the 'ripped riff file' from a .BIN without .CUE that I know). Then you'll convert with VCDEasy's Tools --> MPEG Tools --> CDxa2mpeg the 'ripped riff file' into a 'true MPEG'.
    I ususlly do this with VCDEasy (I never used VCDGear, which is freeware), because I own a registered version of VCDEasy. Tharefor I don't know the command of VCDGear, or if it does that.
    After that, you need to convert the .MPEG-2 into a .MPEG-1 using TMPGenc and its m2v_vfp-0.6.47 plugin (which enables it to load the MPEG-2 files). You can find how to download it between the sticky threads of this forum (or Womble MPEG Converter).

2) If the image is an .ISO (or if the image is a .CUE + .BIN and not simply a plain .BIN file) you can 'Mount' the image, with Alcohol 120% for example, and directly copy the 'ripped riff file' from the folder E:\MPEGAV (VCD) or E:\MPEG2 (SVCD) into your C:\... disk, before converting it to a 'true MPEG file' with VCDEasy's Tools --> MPEG Tools --> CDxa2mpeg.

If needed, read the 'sticky' thread of this forum '100% working method to make a VCD'.
    Good luck!

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2004