1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bin to a dvd-r Help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by julienhi, Mar 15, 2005.

1. julienhi

julienhi Member

ive read so many posts about this i cant seem to find an easy honest simple way to do this, i have a file that is an svcd. i extracted it and got a bin cue. In nero i can only put it on cd but i want it on dvd-r to watch on my dvd player, does anyone know of an easy tutorial to do this? i tried to extract the mpeg in isobuster i extracted only m2f2 frames is this right? how do i get this thing on a dvd, simplest way possible hopfully using nero or isobuster or dvdsanta which i allready have

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

First you need to extract the files in the BIN files to your hard drive you can use ISO Buster for this http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

Then the files will need converted into DVD format (.IFO's and .VOB's) There is a guide at my website (link in sig) that shows you that whole process called "Convert AVI to DVD" , but first extract those file from the Bin file.. :)

3. julienhi

julienhi Member

i have isobuster and i actually did an extract as mpef or something and then i tried to burn that file to dvdr with dvdsanta it worked but when i played it the video was jumpy and unwatchable , how do i extract it with isobuster?? i load the file and extract as what?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You should just be able to extract what is in your .bin file to the hard drive in a folder you choose or create... Then see what type of file or files you have there..

5. julienhi

julienhi Member

thanks i did that i extracted using the extract but filter m2f2 in the mpeg2 folder? is this ok there was a mpg file in it. after that i used your tutorial as you said with divx to dvd and all, the file made it to my dvd and its plays great the prob i have is that its like in a box on my screen why doesnt it cover my whole screen i have a 32" tv and it plays in a 18" box lol. any help would be great

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sounds like that is how the original file was created. You would need another proggy to actually edit the mpeg first like VirtualDub..

7. julienhi

julienhi Member

could it be because i chose ntsc in the divx to dvd software? and it forced a format? if i keep it on automatic would it change it? sorry just wondering why its in a vbox like that. how would i fix this in virtual dub is there a tutorial on the site.
    great site by the way

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No that would have nothing to do with that..

I don't have a guide for that I haven't messed around with cropping in a long time and I am not even sure Virtualdub would do this. I do know FlaskMpeg will do that http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/flaskmpeg.cfm
    It is pretty easy to use, but there are guides for it at the FlaskMpeg site if you need :)

9. julienhi

julienhi Member

ok thanks heres a last question for ya. i got a file and it was all rars i extacted them and was left with BIN file and and sfv file i used isobuster and went into the mpegav folder and there was a dat file in it, i extracted it only m2f2 frames and all i got was a dat? what do i do with this dat to make it into a watchable dvd?

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member