1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*.bin to cd burn, but this dont read the game?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by fmujica, Apr 1, 2003.

1. fmujica

fmujica Guest

hi, I read all about burn .bin and .cue images cd, and made it step by step and carefully using then nero 5.10.10, but when the burn finished and this cd I put in the cdrom and this dont read it the content of the cd, WHY?, the game dont startup and i dont explore the cd, I made something wrong?, i follow all the step write for yours.please response quikly....

thanks
    fernando

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You burned your first coaster!! Conratulations!!!

OK, let's stop joking. There are many ways for the CD being a coaster:

- Bad image (scan it with CDMage)
    - Bad image import settings in Nero (did you have a CUE file, too, or you directly loaded the BIN?)
    - Bad writing settings (read the newbie guide on the main page)
    post some hints and you'll receive more detailed answers (but read the burning Guide, first)

3. fmujica

fmujica Guest

well .thanks after all, but i read the guide and follow the 3 step

-scan the image (it appear ok)
    -the cue file i made it the file is the next:

FILE "Sim City 4 (CD1).bin." BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

the .bin file is "sim city 4 (cd1).bin"

-and i read the newbei guide on the main page,too(after all)

what matter? do you know?
    thanks
    (thanks for the joke) jaja

pd. the "propiedades"(i dont know the word in english) the number of bytes is 0 anddont read nothing, in fact the system operating says me "insert a disk in drive d:"

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

OK then you need to read the [bold]second[/bold], the one related with protected CDs. If you had done it, as suggested in the newbie guide 'on coasters...check if the CD is protected', you would have found (using ClonyXXL) that SimCity4 is protected by Safedisk 2.80.

Therefore you need proper burning/emulation software to burn the image and a [bold]very good[/bold] CD-RW unit. I would stick to Alcohol 120%, first.

Read the 'protect CD' full guide here. Read carefully all it says about Safedisc 2.80, ATIP check and 2-sheep burners.

Post here your results.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699

Last edited: Apr 1, 2003
  5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

ROFLMAO, looks over at a stack of 10!
    Are these really considered coasters because I'm just testing certain progs, cd protection.

Shoey