1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bin to dvd ?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Datdude, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Datdude

Datdude Member

this is prolly a quetion asked a lot but im new to the dvd buring thing i just bought a dvd burner samsung h552u and i burned an iso with alcohol with out a problem but i want to burn 2 bin/cue files (a 2 part movie)on to one dvd to play in a normal dvd player or ps2

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Once you've extracted the .mpg from your bin files [using something like ISO-Buster or similar] you'll need to encode that mpg to dvd.

Guides are available (see my sig)

* Moving to correct forum*

3. f4t4lfury

f4t4lfury Guest

you can also run them directly from your computer by mounting them on a virtual drive. to do this, you'll need a drive emulator like Daemon Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php). it's pretty easy to find faqs on mounting off google, but if you can't find any that you understand, feel free to post back and i'll help you out.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2005
  4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

VCDGear will extract directly the movies from the cue/bin (VCDGerar menu, [bold] cue/bin --> mpg[/bold] ). This is a 'must' because inside the images you don't have mpegs, but 'riff files with header.
    After that you can do anything with those mpegs (but I suggest you to put many (S)VCD movies on a DVD, if the PS2 can read that stuff, don't try to re-encode it to a DVD movie, which will have the same quality but wil be 4 times bigger than the input movie - 4,5 GB with respect to 1.1 GB).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  5. Datdude

Datdude Member

sorry i put the thread in the wrong place
    I exracted the mpeg out of the bin and i used nero to burn/convert it to a dvd but when i try it in my ps2 it says "tv system does not match"????????
    but i burned an iso(with alcohol) n a mpeg dvd rip (with TMPGEnc plays but no sound)and they both play in my ps2 so does that mean i did it wrong

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Check the type of the mpeg. It can be either PAL or NTSC and if the system doesn't match yours you need to re-encode it (I use TMPGenc Plus but you can use what you prefere). Alas, it's a LOONG and risky to spoil the movie's quality way. More, you need the registered 'Plus' version of TMPGenc to encode MPEG-2 files.
    To quickly understand the system of that mpeg you could simply load it with VCDGear and watch the line in the left of the screen of the 'video-cd' menu, which reads:

----------Video Track Information ---------------------
    Resolution: [bold] 'AxB type @XYZ fps' [/bold].
    -------------------------------------------------------
    'type' should describe the type: 'type' = either PAL or NTSC.

Herbsman, I'm not sure because I never did it, but couldn't you put multiple SVCD movies into 1 DVD with, e.g. DVDLab? (it should be better: same quality, more room for many movies on the same DVD)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Yes , very much so @ putting a few SVCDs to single DVD_R. DVD-Lab Pro is particularly good at this this , although there are still easier alternatives for newbies perhaps.

After extracting mpg from bin , I would suggest that maybe you use VSO DivXtoDVD
    (it's free & will convert all the way to VOB format ... ie; VIDEO_TS folder).
    Then do a Re-Author in DVD Shrink and add the compilation of VIDEO_TS folders you require compressed & added together.
    If you have 2 halves of a film tho ... I'd suggest DVD2One in 'join' mode & use seamless option (as you'll have no gap in between).

Let us know what exactly you're after doing as output & maybe we (I) can be specific :)

peace

8. Datdude

Datdude Member

i tried it last nite with dvd lab pro the video was PAL i guess dvd lab didn't convert it to NTCS i will try the way Herbsman said and post back if it works

9. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Yes, 'authoting' applications don't 'convert'.
    Ah,
    When you do so, examine the two halves, first. Sometime the two pieces may overlap, for even 10-20 seconds, not some frame only, sepending on how the split was made.
    In this case do e.g. TMPGenc___MPEG Tools___Merge & Cut and cut the overlapping piece from one of the two halves, first.

10. Datdude

Datdude Member

when i tryed to convert it to ntsc in TMPGENC it says "this file can not open or is unnsupported" i did burn it with nero tho and it works fine but nero take 4 hours to encode and burn it.
    did TMPGENC give me an error because i did it wrong or is prolly somthing to do with the mpg????
    also do you know of any other PAL to NTSC programs????

11. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If the .MPG is a mpeg-2, they are not supported by TMPGenc 'free', only by TMPGnc Plus. Usually this is the only problem (unless you made a chaos with the VFAPI plug-in order, which I don't think).
    You can see if it's the registered version from the menu Help___About.
    Another check you could do is to open the .mpg with VCDGear. It will decribe all its characteristics (VCD/SVCD, PAL/NTSC, FPS...) in the left of the video-cd page.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  12. Datdude

Datdude Member

i have the regitered version of TMPGEnc dvd author but the other program TMPGEnc mpeg decoder is unregistered is there a way the TMPGEnc dvd autor can swith it to NTSC???????????

13. dburn

dburn Guest

hi i would like to know how to convert bin to dvd, i have iso-duster and i extracted the files but when i try to put it in nero it says error,