1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIN

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by date, Sep 30, 2004.

1. date

date Guest

Hi, I have a film which is in 2 part, they called X1.bin & x2.bin, i can watch part 1 but not part 2, they are SVCD, any idea ?can i convert them to another format which is possible to se the hole fim?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

First of all, if the movie is very long, it's usually splitted in two CDs.
    I hobe that part2 is not corrupt (or you're done).

Second, each SVCD image has this form:

SUPER_VIDEO_CD
    - EXT
    .....|
    .....-- SCANDATA.DAT
    - MPEG2
    .....|
    .....-----AVSEQ01.MPG
    - SEGMENT
    - SVCD
    .....|
    .....-- ENTRIES.SVD
    .....-- INFO.SVD
    .....-- LOT.SVD
    .....-- PSD.SVD
    .....-- SEARCH.SVD
    .....-- TRACKS.SVD

The movie is AVSEQ01.MPG, but it's a 'riped riff file', not a MPEG-2. First of all, you must convert AVSEQ01.MPG into a true MPEG, e.g. Video.MPG.
    I use VCDEasy (sorry, I don't know VCDGear because I own a registered version of VCDEasy, maybe also VCDGear does it). By the way, with VCDEasy-->Tools--->MPEG Tools --> CDxa2mpeg you convert it. Do this twice calling the 2 movies e.g. CD1.MPG and CD2.MPG.
    After that, if you want to see the whole movie on the PC (I don't think a single CD can contain the joined movie unless you try to convert it into a VCD and the movie is less than 80') you can join the files with TMPGenc-->MPEG Tools-->MERGE & CUT joining (press 'Add' twice) the 2 files and chosing as 'type' MPEG-2 Super VideoCD (VBR).
    Choose the destination and the name of the output pressing 'Browse' the press 'Run'.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004