1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bios Blues

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by that1dude, Nov 25, 2003.

1. that1dude

that1dude Member

Okay, I have an Xbox v1.0 modded with the Xecuter v2.2 Pro and I had the Xecuter2 v4977 bios install along with Evolution X v3921 dashboard installed. I want to update my bios to Xecuter v4979 and I flashed my bios via Evox with Cromwell v2.27 first. I wish I hadn't did this because now I am stuck at the Cromwell boot up screen. I have made several bios discs using Fugi-Film DVD+R (which my Thomson does read because it took my evox format disc on this media) and also Memorex CD-RW (which my original bios flash, with v4977 was made with this media). I have created the Xecuter v4979 1MB bios.bin file with Xecuter 2 Bios Manager v1.1 and coupled it with dummy files of various sizes (I have tried 160MB, 500MB, and 675MB dummy files) and made xISOs in both Simple xISO and xISO; none of these attempts has turned up anything besides it ejecting the media because it won't read it or it says no update bios information found. Am I doing something wrong? It has been several months since I originally installed my first bios and did all this before. Any information would be much appreciated.__X_X_X_X_X_[small]"The brain is designed to design reality. If you operate your own brain skillfully you can design your own reality. Learn how to communicate in the language of the brain and truly be free." - Dr. Timothy Leary[/small]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  2. that1dude

that1dude Member

Please help me!

3. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

did you burn thr bios 1st. or the dummy file? burn bios 1st. im using evoxm7 bios.

4. that1dude

that1dude Member

what do you mean burn bios.bin first? I have dummy file named as dummy.bin so shouldn't bios.bin come first? How did you burn your bios.bin first?

Are there any steps that I am missing up there that someone could point out to me?

5. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

i used nero data when i 1st. burned the bios disk i had it data cd i guess if you dont have nero you could use something else plus i got the dummy file from xbox-scene.com under downloads. like i said i put the bios first on the disk then the dummy file.

6. that1dude

that1dude Member

so you didn't make an iso file first? you just took bios.bin and dummy file and burnt it straight to disc and booted in your xbox? also, what was the name of your dummy file? I have Nero and Prassi Primo DVD._X_X_X_X_X_[small]"The brain is designed to design reality. If you operate your own brain skillfully you can design your own reality. Learn how to communicate in the language of the brain and truly be free." - Dr. Timothy Leary[/small]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  7. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

just burned it as a data cd,the dummy file was called dummy file i think, get it off xbox-scene.com under downloads.

8. that1dude

that1dude Member

Oh man! I don't know what the hell happened but I tried what you did, I didn't make an xISO but just burned it as data files, bios.bin first(I used EvoX M7 1024kb bootable from media file that I got from xbins)and it started to flash. I got excited as I have been attempting this for about 5 hours now. To my surprise I turn on the Xbox with chip enabled and it just makes this noise and turns on/off 3 times and the light on front flashes orange (or red) and green and all I see is blue screen. If I disable the chip it will start but it has error code 5 and a bunch of foriegn language. Can someone please help or direct to help on what might have happened and how to fix this?!?