1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bios for spiderchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by eminem12, Dec 24, 2004.

1. eminem12

eminem12 Member

Hey what are some good bios that i can flash my chip with instead of the m8bios because ive heard it dont work to good with modchips.

Thanks
    Nick

2. vinvam

vinvam Member

I was wondering the same thing. Is it tru that the Cromwell bios that comes with the spiderchip don't play any xbox games at all.

3. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

you should know what version your xbox is first. Like someone else was saying earlier, if you have a 1.6 version then you need a 1.6 bios. If you have a box that is 1.-1.5 then you can put what ever you want. I created my own bios using M8 plus. Now I have a red start up animation and red front led and faster fan speed...

4. vinvam

vinvam Member

i have a v1.1 xbox.
    do u have any suggestions about which readmade one i could use.
    And what about the dashboard?

5. Enkidu

Enkidu Member

I used on a 1.6b with a 1.1 spiderchip EvoX M8plus. Hardware install went very well and was a first time success. I admit horror at the fact the chip itself needed a bios to do anything. Once I got my head around the Bios all went very well I must say and again I had no problems. I am not sure about dashboard as the M8Plus bios seems to piggy back on the Microsoft dashboard and it works fine for playing the imports. I am not sure about the rest of it yet but will experiment with bigger HD and FTP to create backups and then burn and play them. But thats the limit of what I want to do.
    Do I need a different dash to do these things? Suggestions as to which and how? THnaks