1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bios help please

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by nascrew, Jan 26, 2007.

1. nascrew

nascrew Member

i have a xbox v1.4 and i have a xenium gold 24k i have it in and working, i just want to know what bios i need to flash so i can play bacup games, my grandson has a V1.6 that i flashed Mb8plus and that one works great but wont work on my V1.4 can you please tell me what bios i need for the 1.4 thanks a lot!! i know i posted the same thing but forgot to say on subject what i wanted help for thank you

2. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

hey ima soft modder but the problem is pretty clear the bios works on a newer version chip and it doesnt work on urs cause urs to to old for it i suggest go look in xbins for sum bioses or go into the softmodding section and ask around it there im sure they could help u there more then they could here

3. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

EvolutionX M8plus Bios

M8plus----> is for the ver. up to 1.5

M8plus_16-----> is for the 1.6

I've done 11 xboxes ranging from 1.4 to 1.6 with the zenium. After you flash, are you aware that you need to add a dahboard before you can play your backups?

4. nascrew

nascrew Member

thanks for the info! i still can not get it to play backups,i have build 3935 installed,i can now run DvD2xbox but not backups the backup games will play on my grandsons xbox only thing i can think of is the DVD drive i had to put in my xbox is a SAMSUNG SD-616T REPLACEMENT part and it might not play dvd+R DL the stock one in my grandsons box plays the dvd+rDL the samsung one might only play the -Rdl what do you think? thanks so much for your help you people have been more then kind...by the my xbox plays origanal ones great

5. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

dont use DL, just a waste of money for orignal xbox games, you can get good sony dvd+R for 12.99 for a pack of 25 at bestbuy

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2007
  6. nascrew

nascrew Member

i understand that, but the games will not fit on a single layer dvd+R if you know a way for them to fit on it please let me know, im just a old fart trying to learn..

7. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

all the games i got all fit ona 4.7gig blank and its a single layer

8. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

Out of 550 games that I have, there's only like 10 that are in need of a dual layer.

9. nascrew

nascrew Member

Can you please tell me what you used to put them on a single layer dvd? , i guess i dont know how to use them but i can look it up,i just the programs you used,, again thanks for the help!!!!!!!

10. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

1. Put game on xbox Hd using dvd 2 xbox.
    2. FTP game over to your computer using qwix. (free p.c. program)
    3. install dvd decrypter(free p.c. program)
    4. once decrypter is installed, double click the iso that qwix created and decrypter will pop up ready to burn. (Burn at 4x speed)

Depending what kind of drive is in your xbox, it might either read minus, plus or both(most read minus only). Buying good media like verbatims is always a good idea. Use the search above if you need help using any of the programs cause this topic is overkilled at afterdawn. You can also p.m. me if you get stuck!

11. nascrew

nascrew Member

Thnnk you !!!! will give it a shot,does not seam to hard at all,thanks again!!!!