1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIOSTAR VIA-8237A LAUGHS AT ME ! ! !

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by acejoeyg, Nov 16, 2007.

1. acejoeyg

acejoeyg Member

HELLO, I HAVE NEW VIA CHIPSET WITH SATA - BIOSTAR P4M900-M4
    WITH A VIA-8237A CHIPSET.

fresh install of winxp, all framework and service packs up to date.

shows up in device manager as - Serial ATA conroller,
    Serial ATA Connection 1 and 2.

xtreme boot maker works without error, finds device I/O, and prepares boot without error.

BUT ! ! , upon entering the dos prompt, my samread will not show the sata device, only ide controller, or pri slave, or the XTREME usb card i am booting from.

i used general drivers from their website and the disc, and get the same issues.

can someone let me know if they have any feedback on my issue, i am really at a loss...

2. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

make sure its compatable, and that you have the latest drivers for the chipset.

3. adjey

adjey Member

4. acejoeyg

acejoeyg Member

Great info guys -

Nice turorial, however still no option for via in the dialog.
    i have flashed over 5 units on my buddys system in his garage.

However, my pc still wont work.

motherboard - biostar 8237a chipset, p4m900-m4

my buddy has asus 8237 chipset and his works perfect.

boot maker works without errors, dont need /sata switch, its already there with the checkboxes i selected.

my device manager dont clearly ready via8237 anywhere, just shows Serial ata controllers in IDE HD, section.

I have also tried a VIA SATA Card, the most popular 6421 or whatever with the 2 sata ports on the inside and an ide channel in the middle.

shows up in the SCSI section of device manager, boot maker picks it up and it creates boot disk without error while selecting the via chipset.

but when i sam read with the card i get pri slave i think, and then xtreme.

boot maker names my usb drive extreme, but i have heard from others that if you use a PCI card - then samread will call your card xtreme.

is this worth trying, i have a 28 i havent opened yet, i didnt want to complete the process of sam read 10 second tricks on a sammy thats flashed perfect already.

i would love to have the 8237 chipset work with the motherboard sata's, but i will settle for the raid sata card if it works.

all the feedback helps, bring it on !! !