1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BiRTHDAY SOON!! (Please post opinions) Really considering PS3 purchase, but a few things still make me uneasy

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by saluu, Jul 16, 2007.

1. saluu

saluu Member

this is my first post, i really liked the feedback i read on other threads so here goes mine..

always been about SONY. had many diff systems but , ok. i have two things that bother me about getting a PS3 after the price cut. 1) online play!! yes its free. but free accounts mean unlimited cheating pretty much. exploits glitches all that. im really sick of this type of stuff. just wanna bring up LiVE real fast...sorry. i had the box, 2 of em. they both failed. BUT! the service, even tho you had to pay was fantastic. if someone cheats, they're out and its harder for them to get back. -ยป with the PLAYSTATION... its not just the 'cheating' that im concerned about. its the service. do you guys think it will be anywhere near as good as LiVE? custom music in the background of any game.. video camera messages/meetings with friends. and yes, if someone cheats.. how easy is it for them to continue cheating?

thats my first question.

2) emotion engine... are we missing out by, skipping the emotion engine and going for a newer SKU PS3? i mean..the 80 will still be BC but the emotion engine... that means there will no longer be updates for 'that' right? all updates will apply but are we missing out by skipping the 60 and the more reliable EE or is it wiser to go with the newer model PS cuz those are the newer batches.

1) cheaters in 'free' online - will the PSN be anywhere as good as MSLiVE?
    2) stick with rhe 60 and jus upgrade but miss out on the 'newer' PS3's

one more thing. im sure BC for the 80 wont be thaaat bad, c'mon. what do you guys think. please help me make a decision. Birthday is on August 09. ive waited too long.

2. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

I hear in games like Resistance there is a lot of glitch cheating, but mainly in non-ranked games. Besides,"If you can't beat them, join them!"

And for the EE, it really depends if your going to use it or not. I would get teh 60 GB just to be safe because what if they only update it to 60-70% playable games? They could go past 80% plus too, so you'll never know. But the EE already plays 80% of past Playstation games, which is basicly the popular ones that everyone has liked and more. Plus the 60 GB is cheaper, and you can always buy like a 120 GB laptop hard drive for it for about $100.

3. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

Okay, if there is anyone stubborn it is 360 fanboys. This is for one reason. They have not done any research for both consoles...they get sold out by ms and thier ads and lies...I was considering buying a 360 at one point but instead I did tons and tons of research for BOTH consoles...After figuring everything out, such as the specs,games,release dates,etc. I soon found the ps3 was definatley the way to go! if u have been wathcing E3 u would know that games like Littlebigplanet,Killzone 2, and MGS$ is enough just to win this console war....I truely believe by either the end of 07 or the start of 08, sony would have one this console war. To answer you question above, about online, I would say when sony's "Home" comes out, Playstation 3 online will be better. If you don't know about Home, I seriously recommend u look it up...My best advice i can give you is go to Gamespot or IGN or any site like that, than just lookk at the games. Look at the amazing exclusives we are getting. I think one look at Littlebigplanet will change your mind...and when I say "look", u should watch several videos and read everything about it. Other than that choosing a Playstation 3, in my opinion, is the right way to go

4. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

If you still have the xbox(es), send them to MS for repair, and ask for the PS3 for your B'day.

5. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

OMG! Your like me, and the fanboys are my friends! Although one is beginning to understand why I don't want a 360, the others are like,"Your a gay retard!" The friend that is beginning to understand is the one that keeps on saying taht the PS3 sucks and I always come back with a new 360 defect. The 360 doesn't really have any physical features, like a card reader. The PS3 is like everything in one. Sure, your paying for it, but at least you'll know that it works when you buy it. It also is more powerful, and people say that it can last a couple years longer then the 360 can in terms of it's run in this new generation.

6. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

ever since i had a job, am now 41 with a 2 year old boy and pay for my sony toys .always have done always will do . might be the tv adverts who knows .never had an xbox to compare it to .i imagine they are very good .would not swap me ps3 for 2 x box.ps3online is free, got a 20 meg in the uk very nice .when the home bit comes all good .when i plugged in my ps3 for the first time it ``home beta `` trial`.do i want to try it .you imagine the rest .gutted .

7. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Ya Xbox has great games like UNO!

lmao

8. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Dude, 360 is nothing unless they have Uno Extreme, the one that spits the cards in your face.

9. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

I know! Imagine. What would 360 be without UNO Extreme?

10. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Ya you gotta pay for all that crap. And that's got to be one of the dumbest features in the world! Why would you watch TV on a 360 when you can just turn it off and watch regular cable?

BTW, I was kidding lol

11. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Yeah just like with linux on a PS3,why would you want a Operating System on a PS3 when you can just turn it off and get on youre computer
    BTW, I was kidding lol

12. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

It doesn't come with Linux. If you want it, you can install it no problem. I have a 20" iMac, so when I get a PS3, I'm going to hook it up to it and put Linix on the PS3 so then I'll have all 3 opperating systems on the same screen! lol

Usin' XP Pro for now, but I can't wait for Leopard!

13. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I know that

14. saluu

saluu Member

vinny, jb, tyler, daryl.. thanks for all your opinions they really helped me out and i was excited to just read them all. it's great when you got ppl there who share the same intrest as you and give good solid feedback, HONEST feedback not just...you know da kine. anyway, good points all of you made. i want a PS3 and now i feel more comfortable deciding on THAT system. i kinda wanted to get an XBOX again cuz the games look so colorful and vivid. i know many games are for the same system but on the xbox things seem more appealing, from what I've seen so far. BUT, i still want a PS3 and it seems like the right choice. i know live has stuff like UNO, used to play and it was great...like i said, LiVE was great but the reliability of the system itself was no good man. 30% failure rate i read somewhere? who the heck wants to rick your money on that?

the cheaters on PS3 will have to be stopped tho. i reeeeeally hope something is done about this. cuz if somebody can CHEAT...get banned or whatever, and then just make another profile or something over and over again... wth? i play socom a lot and it's freakin retarded. but i understand things will be like this at times. with the box tho like i said b4 its harder for cheaters to KEEP cheating if they get banned cuz its in the system or something and when you try to go back its a message on your screen that says you can't play the game anymore online or something...so ive heard. i know live is on top of this kinda stuff tho..i just hope PS will be and HOME definielty looks like soo freakin awesome! virtual world and friends and stuff...omg.

is there gunna be video chat tho? and also, will you be able to play any music you want in the background of games like ont he xbox? you probably dont KNOW 100% if thata will ever be but i just want to know if you 'think' PS will follow the same suit as MS for that stuff. why not, custom soundtracks are good. thanks agin you guys, the sight is great because of ppl like ya'll.

15. saluu

saluu Member

... i need to start previewing b4 posting. a lot of typo's, my apologies. i know its site, not sight as in, 'i see..... three red lights on my xbox.' hee hee hee

* i dont really laugh like that either but the words, 'hee hee hee' seemed like a good fit.

16. monomach

monomach Member

Well, I looked at Littlebigplanet. What sprang into my head isn't exactly a selling point for the PS3. What I thought was "If I wanted stupid little kid crap like this, I'd buy a Wii." You may want to stick to games like MGS4, FFXIII, and Warhawk when trying to sell consoles to people. ;)

17. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

Okay I understand..Still i can't wait for MGS4!!!

18. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

wth, there is nooo way the wii or the 360 could evver run Littlebigplanet

19. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

wth, there is nooo way the wii or the 360 could evver run Littlebigplanet

20. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

Whoa! srry about all the weird posting