1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-coment

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by dude845, Apr 2, 2005.

1. dude845

dude845 Regular member

sup, i heared a review about bit-comet saying "since installing it and surfing to the websites included in the GUI, TROJANS have been dropping in on my computer, and coolwebsearch as well has hijacked the browser. I suggest using Firefox to search for torrents. Also, check the properties of the program shortcut, becoz in mine, it tells the program to start in a 'rules' folder containing a tracker.dat file... I changed this to start with just the comet.exe file which seems to help.
    WSEM Update also appeared on my system after surfing the sites included in the programs GUI looking for torrents" i think thats bad is any of this true? i really don't want to download any thing that will reck my computer, and does it have chat that is assosiated with inapropriat things like pasting bad pictures cause i know on afterdawn you can but they arn't bad, because my parents would neverlet me use it then thanks, sincerally dude845.

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

If you're suspicious then just use another client such as Azureus.

3. dude845

dude845 Regular member

heared it slows pc down

4. vans12

vans12 Regular member

I dont know if it slows your pc down or not I just use the regular bit torrent and it works fine

5. dude845

dude845 Regular member

what about bit-comet