1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit Tornado Settings

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Weezer00, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Weezer00

Weezer00 Guest

Can someone please give me the right setting for the best preformance on bittornado?i can download in about 100kb/s but i´ve got a 1000kb/s dsl..help plz

2. fcuk909

fcuk909 Member

Hi, I recently had this problem with Bit Tornado until last night. You need to forward the ports for Bit Torrents. I didn't have a clue how until I found this site yesterday. Go to http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm
    and find your router. If it isn't there click one that is nearest to yours as I did as it is normally basically the same. You then look at how to do it an for Bit Tornado forward ports 6881 to 6899. Hope this helps.

3. Weezer00

Weezer00 Guest

i'm serious this is fucked up.i have open ports in my router and firewall,and nothing is different accept that the torrents download slower when i messed with my firewall..it's so damn annoying to look at something that downloading and says it will be done in 10 hours when you that it can be 25 min..

4. lilricky

lilricky Member

Make sure that you set the Default Rate Setting in Preferences for your connection, Automatic doesnt seem to detect correctly. Also, set the Max peer connections to 40. Also, dont open the ports in your firewall, forward them. If youre running a software firewall, shut it down, your router's firewall will do fine, software firewalls on top of a hardware one will cause conflicts.

5. patmonkey

patmonkey Member

OOH i need like help i have dled alot of anime that i look forwand 2 watching but one thing stands in my way i cant watch them plz help me wit dis problem message me bakk A.S.A.P. ok welll cya

6. stevoboy

stevoboy Member

hey, i have the speed problem too, my donw never pass 19kb n ill have 1.5mb internet but i am using a network cable directly from my router, and i hear about these ports n stuff n i dont know what it all is or how to change it. please help!

7. eyasemak

eyasemak Member

Hello, How do i know what is my router??
    I have 1500kb/sec and Motorola Cable Modem
    Help me please.

Thanks.

8. gymrat

gymrat Member

can anyone help me..i have a 5861 router but dont know how to forward the ports to use bit tornado.

Thanks

9. Schempe

Schempe Member

When ISP's say you have a 1 meg download, they mean 1 megabits. Your computer shows it in MegaBytes. In most programs you will see MegaBytes not Megabits. A 1 meg DSL should get about 125KB/sec. I have cable. I guess I got lucky because I can download about 320KB. Probably because no one else in nieghbor uses it.

10. humzaSM

humzaSM Regular member

i jus downloaded bit tornado and before i waz using bit torrent that worked fine but wen i try 2 download with tornado it says error the socket operation could not complete without blocking wat does that meen any ideas

11. oreos

oreos Member

hey u'all i m very new to dis n dis questionsis 4 lilricky

May i know where or how do u reset the peers to 40 and another question to everyone else is

i kept getting download speeds of abt 19kbs n most of the time only 1 or 2kbs Man dis is slow, how do i go abt improving it?

12. lilricky

lilricky Member

Its pretty easy, just click on the prefs link in Bittornado located near the top right hand side of the window, then click on the Advanced button located at the bottom right hand side of the window. Then simply change the peers to 40.

13. oreos

oreos Member

Thx 4 the info lilricky...will try it out but wat abt the minimum peers ? do i leave it as default 20?

I ahve been trying to work out the steps like everyone ststed in the thread but still its miserable...Sigh

worse is there r some files i downloaded for days n now i m stuck at 99.7% n its now moving...its really killing me...help any advices?

14. mp1434

mp1434 Member

do u forward ports 6881-6899 in Bit Tornado where it says port range?

15. oreos

oreos Member

Yeah i did but at most i m only getting fastest download of 25kbs

Btw will it help if i only download one file at a time instaed of a couple?

16. mac000

mac000 Guest

ok guys. i will save you a lot of time and a lot of headaches. After you forward your ports from your administration page ie. linksys router, you have to POWER CYCLE your modem router and comp. if you are unfamiliar with what the means, turn comp router and modem off. then boot up your modem, wait till all the lights are solid, then boot up the router, then the comp. You should def see a green status light. enjoy

17. sofa2333

sofa2333 Guest

Thanks matt I will try that and see if I am green!

18. sofa2333

sofa2333 Guest

OREOS even with super fast power PCs it is not recommened hat you have more than 3 BT open at the same time. When I do 4 BT I notice a drop in all 4 BT speeds.

Also are you sure you set Max peer connections to 40. Mine is at 0 which mean that you can connect to an infinite number of peer connections. I have minimum # of peer connectios at 30 instead of the default 20 and I have max peer connections at infinte (0) and I am getting DL speed of 100kbps and UL speeds of 398 kbps. So I am on a T1 connection.

What does setting "Max peer connections to 40" in Bit Tornado do exactly?

19. oreos

oreos Member

well i m not sure wat it does if i set it at 40 max peer connections it does help a little i guess coz at times my download speed went pass 60kbs but after some time it went down to 20.

so i will try to set it to infinite n c how.

O btw i forgot to mention i do not have a router so is there anything i can do to improve it?

Wat abt the UpNp port forwarding ...wat shd i do with dat? Currently is disabled.

Also if i sent my settings to unlimited ...will it help?

20. oreos

oreos Member

Oh sorry but wat do u mean by T1 n T3+???