1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit Torrent and NAT

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by AdmSnckbr, Apr 19, 2005.

1. AdmSnckbr

AdmSnckbr Member

Before I get slammed with "Read the FAQ's" replies to this thread, understand that I have read all of them.

Firstly, I have a Westell WireSpeed modem, connecting to BellSouth DSL as my ISP. I also have a Linksys BEFSR41 V3 router. I have set this computer to have a static Ip address that does not conflict with my routers DHCP.

I have set Port Forwarding in my router to 6881-6999 for both protocols. I have also set my modems NAT to 6881-6999 for TCP. Using Azureus I have tried to test port 6881 with no success. I have tried bypassing the router and just plugging into my modem. I let that run for 45 minutes with no success.

I feel as though I am just missing one small thing and if anyone could help me I would be in their debt.

Thanks in advance.

2. AdmSnckbr

AdmSnckbr Member

Also, I have turned off my Norton firewall, and my windows firewall has always been disabled.

3. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

firstly its NEVER wise to turn of your firewall you need it for many important reasons

would you leave your house in a morning with all the doors and windows open??.............the answer is no so why turn your firewall off??.....

alot of trackers are not working at this moment in time have not since sometime yesterday ....but they will be back sooner or later it could well just be that

4. AdmSnckbr

AdmSnckbr Member

I turned off my firewall to see if it was the culprit. I'm getting my bachelors in Information System Security, I know better than to leave it off.

So far today I've had it on and the download speeds are less than they were last night at peak hours. They peaked at about 20 to 25K last night, and today no more than 5k.