1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit torrent downloads

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dooger, Aug 2, 2013.

1. dooger

dooger Member

I have downloaded some movies from the bit torrents site. My problem is I put the movies on a portable hard drive and watch them on a "SMart Samsung TV", which works fine, Once I have copied the movie to a DVD, however once done the movie will not work in any of my DVD players.. What is changing?
    The portable HD plugs into my Samsung DVD player via a USB cable,,If it plays just fine thru the DVD player why does the DVD not work thru the same player? The DVD will play on my computer,, I have made back up copies of other movies and they work fine in the DVD player, I would like some help in determining what I need to do. Thanks very much.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Are these torrents in DVD movie format or are they avi or mp4 files?

3. dooger

dooger Member

I am not sure what format is being used, I put the dvd in the drive, and checked the properties screen, could not find any ifno on what format is being used,, I am pretty much a senior retired newbie,, How else can I look for the formatting info? and thank you very much for responding.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Right click on the actual file - many torrents have names that end in .mp4 or .avi or .mkv and select 'Properties'.

Thus:

[​IMG]