1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit torrent help - new user

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by sarahb, Aug 16, 2004.

1. sarahb

sarahb Member

Hi - I am pretty new to this techno world we live in and apologise in advance if my ignorance shows on this post. I have been using bit torrent successfully in the past however recently have been experiencing problems with it. I deleted the programme and re downloaded it again but cannot open when I click on a link on Suprnova. It tries to open or 'play' it using windows media??? I never had this problem before and have tried different torrents but this still happens. Can anyone help me with this. (Laymans terms would be most appreciated!). Thanks.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Go to ANY folder on your hard drive.

Then go to tools - folder options. Look for Torrent in the list and change it away from windows media player to the bit torrent executable file.

It may just be IE thats trying to play it but that can be gotten around easily by right clicking the link and click "save target as". After you have done this, go to where you saved the .torrent file and double click it!

3. sarahb

sarahb Member

Fab - that worked! Thankyou so much.