1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit Torrent Help

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by jmtznr0th, Mar 31, 2007.

1. jmtznr0th

jmtznr0th Member

Hello, I need help with my Bit Torrent. I am using a real copy of Windows XP and the original Bit Torrent client. My router is downstairs and my computer is upstairs and I am online wirelessly. I have a linksys router. My problem is everytime I download something for Bit Torrent it never starts. The download never starts and just stays at the main screen without even connecting it seems.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jason

2. onya

onya Guest

What may be happening, is that you haven't forwarded a port. So what I did......just for you of course....LOL, is find some reading (AfterDawn threads)that will put your worries at ease.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/89259

Read well, there are certain ports that should not be used. If you use the link above, redscorpi has suggestions (1/3 down the first page) on which ports to use.

If this thread doesn't bring you joy, type bittorent port forwarding into the search function, and there are more threads to choose from. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2007