1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-Torrent Port Problems - Need Help

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by wrathloki, Jan 21, 2007.

1. wrathloki

wrathloki Regular member

Hey, I just installed azureus and in order to get it to work I had to open whatever the default port for it is (can't remember). So in the router settings page i have that port forwarded, but while that port is forwarded the router disconnects then reconnects every few minutes until I take away the port forwarding on that port. What is going wrong here, what can I do to fix this?

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Forward a port that isn't the default if need be. Don't know if it matters but over 50,000 or at least over 10,000, ISP's may block the default. For your connection issues, if you have a wireless connection, try connecting directly.

3. wrathloki

wrathloki Regular member

Well I've tried using ports below 10000 and it just disconnected me more frequently. I'm not using wireless I'm directly connecting. Please help me out, this is driving me insane.

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Over 10,000, not below or is that just a typo? You could try another client, I believe utorrent is the lightest.

5. wrathloki

wrathloki Regular member

Under 10,000. And it's not the client that's causing the problem, it's when I forward the port needed.

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  7. wrathloki

wrathloki Regular member

I originally had the default 52*** cant remember the last 3 numbers and that also kept disconnecting me. As for the router, firmware is up to date, and the number of connections thing doesn't make any difference because It will keep disconnecting me whether the programs loaded or not.