1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-Torrent Safe?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by wrathloki, Jan 17, 2007.

1. wrathloki

wrathloki Regular member

Since I've been paranoid about all the p2p programs I haven't really used any other p2p programs than usenet, but usenet seems to have a lack of content so I want to move on to something else and I was thinking bit-torrent. Is bit-torrent safe to use to download music and movies, or is it being targeted by the RIAA just like other p2p stuff? And what is the best bit-torrent program and website?

2. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

Nothing illegal is "safe" there are steps you can take to make yourself more safe. Using peer guardian or something similar to filter out known bad ips from connection to you is a start. Using private trackers is also good. The best client is up for debate... utorrent 1.6 (don't use anything after that version) is my favorite.. lite fast and doest the job.. another good one is Azureus.. is java based but still good. as far as the best site aka trackers go... well, to be blunt, the best ones are very well hidden and not easy to get into.