1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit Torrent Speeds

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Keechy, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Keechy

Keechy Member

Does any one know wot speed bit torrent should download at on 300K broadband. Thanx in advanced.

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

35-40 kbs

3. Keechy

Keechy Member

Ive tried using nearly all of the bit torrent clients and they are hardly running at all, they are not gettin over 5KB/s and thats even a struggle to get to that. I own 2 computers and i would like to get it successfully working on them both. Can someone help me set it up i am using bitspirit. My computers are sharing a single broadband connection which plugs into a usb port on one computer then my computers are connected using network cards and i am not using a router. Also i am using zone alarm pro and i would also like to know how to set that up.Thanx for any help.

4. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

How to set up Zone Alarm Pro is in the BitTorrent manuals and some topics around this site. Use the search function! =D

As for BitTorrent clients, I would recommend you using Azureus, as it does a test to see whether your internet settings are configured for maximal compatiblity. Also, it's a really fast client, and one of the best out there.

5. Keechy

Keechy Member

Ive installed Azureus and when i go on the configuration wizard and test the ports it goes NAT error

6. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Then you have a problem. There are some posts around AfterDawn about how to fix this, use the "Search" function!