1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit torrent speeds

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by dude845, Apr 3, 2005.

1. dude845

dude845 Regular member

i was checking my download speed and it said 59kbs is that slow? i need to download fast or go back to p2p which i don't really want to do

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey dude845,

You might want to check your port settings to go a different route that you are using. I have read somewhere that you might as well try that route or go ahead and configure your settings to allow for more traffice to come through.

By the way...that is NOT a slow download. Depending on how many seeds and peers there are you can get a movie REALLY quick. The fastest I have ever d/l'ed was 225kbs, but it was a small program, the next one was a movie, and that was 60kbs, and it had 30/20 ratio. So it all depends on how many seeds you have. To be honest, I wouldn't complain about that, not to sound rude, but most don't connect at that high amount.

Hope this helps!

;P

3. dude845

dude845 Regular member

my internet is highspeed 10mbps but how do i change my port settings and the client uses like slows my internet speed down i think because my internet goes slower wen its on the client

4. dude845

dude845 Regular member

can my speeds be effected by all the number of files i'm downloading? because i was downloading a few files that are 1.29gb,100.42mb,701.85mb can that change anything, i figured out how to change my port but it stopped and my speed was 0kbps and i had to change my port a few times, and is there any website,program that will tell me the best port for me?

5. dude845

dude845 Regular member

whats the fastest bittorrent client that doesn't have spywear adware and is fast, bitcomet is realy slow for me

6. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

I would say, try your hand at Bit Tornado. This is a good client to use, as a matter of fact, it is the one that I use, and have an overall 90% success rate in getting connected to trackers and downloading really good.

You can pick it up here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/guide_to_bittornado.cfm

Try this, and configure your port settings. It is true that the more you download, the slower it is going to be, and also take into account the seed/peers you are connected to.

Hope this helps!

;P

7. dude845

dude845 Regular member

thanx my speed is now around 211kbps last i checked
    when using bittornado

8. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

AWESOME!!! Glad that you got it working...now what are you doing in the forum! Go download stuff!!!

;P

9. dude845

dude845 Regular member

venom seeing that your really helpful can you tell me your normal speed, i want to know this so i can compare how well the program is working.

10. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Well, try your port range from 49000-49200. This is what I use, and it should help you, however, if you are not getting much, it might be because your isp are looking at those ports.

You might have to configure them several times to see what is good for you!

;)

11. dude845

dude845 Regular member

my speed has went down again what am i doing wrong? like 70kbps why, i have the exact same download going with bitcomet but it is even slower

12. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

What kind of internet connection do you have?

Depending on what your isp limit is, this might be the problem?

;)

13. dude845

dude845 Regular member

im using high speed (10mbps) and its lan i have a cable serves provider and my isp dosn't really care because i had read this article about them in my news paper saying that they are not going to give goverment people any web using info so i don't think hey are going to try to stop me.

14. dude845

dude845 Regular member

15. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

I read that article, and it was really good. I think that other people are experiencing the same thing as well.

So, give it some time or change the settings around and see what happens. Also, go through the forum threads and see if you can locate anything, because I know that some people were having the same issue as you.

;)

16. dude845

dude845 Regular member

what type of things should i change? ports, because i have done that a few times,and are any programs that can speed up a bittorrent client? or any other clients that are made for broadbrand users?

17. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Not that I know of, to be honest with you. If the information that I provided didn't help, then I don't know what else to tell you. The last thing I can say is, there might be something sucking up your bandwidth or something, or you are downloading alot of things at once. You might need to run all your diagnostic programs and then get a program called WinPatrol to see if there is something running that you don't know is there. Also, run your antivirus software, that might help as well.

There are many out there. I would suggest trying your hand out on something different. Mabybe Azureus or something like that. Test out several and see if there is any difference.

;)

18. dude845

dude845 Regular member

i'm trying azurues but i found this configaration thing to check if my ports worked and it said nat error what does that mean?

19. leogeo

leogeo Member

i am using azureus and i only have one computer connected to a single connection so do i need to get my ports forwarded? Somehow download speeds are very slow below 10kbs even though i run on a 512/256 and there are many seeds/peers

Or is it some firewall problem?