1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bitcomet and port forwarding

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by gronimo18, Aug 7, 2012.

1. gronimo18

gronimo18 Regular member

ive been using bitcomet since it first came out yes i know its not the greatest but its always done the job i know about port forwarding cause ive done it since i found out how to do it on bitcomet my problem is i have everything set up on my linksys e3000 and my cable providers modem i have everything set up the way it should be but it wont download like it should i have a 10mbs line and and anytime it can reach 15mbs my problem is that bitcomet says my listen port of tcp is blocked by firewall but i checked it and its enabled is there anything i can do to get my downloads to be back to 1200kbs

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Bartmole

Bartmole Member

Could be your IP address is needs to be static, PortForward has a guide, more likely your ISP is throttling you, don't know how current this list is: http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Bad_ISPs

4. gronimo18

gronimo18 Regular member

nope brighthouse networks is not on there

5. Bartmole

Bartmole Member

Check your IP address at Command Prompt is the one you forwarded, Start>Programs>Accessories, open Command Prompt, type in ipconfig/all and hit enter. I still suspect your ISP, do you know of anyone else using this ISP torrenting successfully? Have you checked Windows Firewall, if you use it?

6. gronimo18

gronimo18 Regular member

no homo but i love you i total forgot to check it the way you just said i thought i saved that link in my profile but i didnt thanks alot man