1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitcomet dl speed locked at 0 all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by LufianGuy, Jan 29, 2007.

1. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

I have been downloading a torrent since yesterday evening. It usually has about 1 seeder and 4 leeches. In all though it is [1/16]. I was doing okay getting dl speeds around 20-70kb and now all of a sudden the dl is basically locked at 0 while the upload speed ranges from 7-17kb.

1. The download is at 56.6% of 1.84GB with 820MB remaining.

2. There is only 1 seeder and the health is 100%.

3. Is this the problem?
    Error: Tracker Response Error:unregistered torrent in Tracker: http://tracker.datorrents.com:6969/announce.php

After I stopped and restarted, it said this and froze like this
    Tracker Response OK, reannounce in 300 s

4. It also seems the peers I can see are also locked down at 56.6%. It says error 0 for all of them.

I haven't tweaked any of my bitcomet settings. After this download, I was going to download the lastest bitcomet and read your guide here. I don't want to mess up this download.

I cleared all the data I could off the comp and restarted, but the dl speed is staying at 0. WTF is going on?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  2. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

Okay so I read the guide on here and tried to do everything I could to optimize performance. I have dsl.

I put the MTU to 1460 because that was the number I found where I didn't miss any packets on the dslreports.com ping test.

Downloaded the DRTCP and followed those directions.

I didn't join any private trackers. I think my overall dsl speed is down by like 200KB now. I couldn't forward my port either because there are two listed Westell Versalink 327W and my model # isn't on any of their modems.

My TCP recieve window is 8000.

Now I am downloading a 3 gig torrent with 2 seeders (381% health) with 5 other peers and my dl speed sucks, maybe I set something up wrong.

This is highly annoying when I did what the guides said to.

I read about people with speeds of 500KB, how the hell do people get that fast?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007