1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitcomet download speed problem

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Ceberus, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Ceberus

Ceberus Guest

I used to get 50-60 kbs download all the time, which is good for me. Then, when I was downloading a movie, I saw in the comments section,
    "1. Go to preferences set your download rate unlimited and upload rate 100 kbs.
    2. Then change TCP/IP limit to 70 (it is set to 10 default).
    3. While downloading stop other downloads or uploads (after finished donĀ“t forget to seed :)
    I changed this settings yesterday and have downloaded 3 movies already (before only 1 in 2-3 days or more). Hope it helps. Good luck "

So I did that and then my download speed dropped under 10, so I changed the settings back but still I'm getting slow speed. I even un-installed and re-installed bitcomet but to no avail. Can somebody help me restore my download speed back to normal?

Thanx

P.S. - Check out the comments section of this torrent - http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/3745247/Ocean__s.12[2004]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo.3745247.TPB.torrent

2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

I am not that familiar with BitComet, but in any bittorrent client the max upload speed should be set to 80% of your overall upload speed.
    You can leave download set to unlimited.

The setting is at Options/Preferences/Connection.

I also see that, by default, Bitcomet sets max simultaneous download tasks to 10. It would be a very high speed connection that could handle that amount. This should be limited to at the most 5, and probably lower if you do not have a fast connection.

I know most people like to have several torrents running at once, but running torrents one or two at a time will give you the best overall download speed and get you all of the files faster.

I could not see the comments from the link (it led to the download) but anyone who gives you a set number for capping upload speed does not know what they are talking about. That number may have worked for them and their connection, but as I stated above, the correct procedure is as a percentage of the overall speed.

You could use the Speed Test at dsl reports.

3. laz305

laz305 Regular member

Hey I'm in the US and it seems we can't dl any Torrent's any more. What can I do now?

4. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

I live in the US and have not had this problem.
    Nor have I heard of anyone other than you having this problem.
    I know of one site (TorrentSpy) that has not allowed US visitors.

Perhaps your IP address has been blacklisted.