1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitcomet Download Speeds :(

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by 90341689, Jan 7, 2007.

1. 90341689

90341689 Member

Hey, sorry if there are other threads like this, but i thought that solutions may differ depending on the software and hardware installed, so i created a new thread.

anyways,im experiencing really slow speeds when downloading torrents. i use bitcomet to download torrents and i get an average speed of about 12kbps and a max speed of 40kbps, and i only ever get 40 once in a blue moon.

im pretty sick and tired of these speeds because im sure i can get faster but something is holding me back.

i have a tiscalli 1mb broadband connection, which i connect to using my speedtouch 580 router and an ethernet cable.

i have windows xp profession (no sp's) installed with the firewall enabled and zonealarm.

does anyone know why i am getting such slow speeds? is it hardware or software issues, or have i just got the wrong settings and options enabled?

and does anyone know how i can get faster download speeds? what do i have to do to get 100kbps? thats my average speed from websites, so surely i should be able to get that from bitcommet.

i hope you all can help me out, i would be extremely greatful.

thank you very much
    yours sincerely

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Only one solution here, get a better ISP.
    Tiscali is about as friendly to filesharers as teargas is to the eyes.

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I can't believe people are still using bitcomet!

It's well known to be a banned client on 90% of private trackers because it leaks all over the place. You could try changing to a decent torrent app which allows you to "stealth" if you will what you are doing.
    There is another way to defeat the evil tiscali involving a proxy unix shell server..but that's illegal and well too complicated for just some file sharing.

5. bkim

bkim Member

try configuring your router. there's a tut i think on how do it here.
    also your dl might be slow because you might be downloading a file with not that many seeds. try dling a file with more seeds and leechers.

6. Eyeballs1

Eyeballs1 Member

Who would be a good ISP provider then?

Im with Toucan and also run bitcomet even though im going to switch over to utorrent soon as ive heard good things about it

I generally get speeds between 15kbs and 50kbs during the day and peek times but over night this goes up to at least 150kbs and 250kbs, Now im sure thats slow to some people but it does me just fine as i can download a whole file over night and its done in the moring.

Would be interested to know though if i could get beter speeds with a different provider, I did get an email today from toucan saying i download too much during peek hours and im going on a high users list for 7 days, buggers. im sure i should be aloud to use as much as i want considering i pay for unlimited use and downloads.

Oh well