1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitcomet Yellow light - No modem, router.. Only local area connection

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by HelpMe987, Feb 22, 2008.

1. HelpMe987

HelpMe987 Member

Hi,
    im staying in a service apartment. I subscribed to their internet connection service. I uses a lan cable (which is plug into a hole?) to connect to the internet. I dun use any modem or router. How am i supposed to change the bitcomet yellow light to green? I tried 192.188.2.1 those links but couldnt get through. Desperately need help cuz my download speed is friggin slow...
    please advice...

thanks..

2. HelpMe987

HelpMe987 Member

p/s: when i wans to connect to the internet, it requires me to enter username and passwords in internet explorer and after that i will be able to online..I have to do it everytime i wans to online..its like a server..i think?

when i typed my username..and when i succesfully loged in..it says that Username is Shaped...
    issit the problem behind..?
    plese advice..thanks

3. varnull

varnull Guest

So you log into a closed network. You will have to ask the network administrator which special ports are available if any... always the first port of call.. the admin may be a nice person.. not a BOFH like me :lol:

Shouldn't really give out this kind of info.. It isn't your network so if you get caught using any of these tools they can ban you ;) http://3d2f.com/tags/port/scanner/

Just out of interest what is your ip on the network? That can help to "guess" the server/router host ip.

4. HelpMe987

HelpMe987 Member

this is the ip shown beside the yellow light...
    i should ask if ther is any open ports..? wat if they doesnt giv me..?