1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BitComet

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Mixup101, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Mixup101

Mixup101 Member

for some reason my torrents are not going as fast as they used to. I have rogers highspeed with 7.0mbps dl and 512kbs ul and i used to get atleast 200 + in torrents and can get avg of 500 on IE dls. i dont use a router and dont no what else is the problem.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  3. Mixup101

Mixup101 Member

i've been with rogers eversince i had the internet. the only thing i know has changed is the speed whcih used to be for and is now 7.this problem has only been starting since i gave the comp to my brother and he doesnt use torrents.

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Lending the computer to your brother when this happened can only be coincidence unless he made some change like a firewall, settings, etc; ask him if he made any changes. Does the speed issue coincide with the speed increase? Is there a new modem that may have a firewall? Maybe check on the Rogers forum to see if this throttling was just brought into your area or if the speed increase includes throttling.

5. Mixup101

Mixup101 Member

actually i did get a new modem. the motorola one and how do i check for throttling

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

7. Mixup101

Mixup101 Member

no i checked there already and its not there. i dont no what else can be the problem. maybe its the torrent. do u no a torrent that wil run fast always that i can compare to or one that u no will go fast?

8. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Not really but I've heard this is good: http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ About your modem, this is only a guess but go to start>run, type in cmd and select ok. Now type in ipconfig/all and write down the Default Gateway. Exit and type that in IE and see if that will give you access to your modem.

9. Mixup101

Mixup101 Member

no that didnt work but i did try peerguardian and it did speed my dls back to about 60-75% of what they use to be, i guess i can live with dat:( One more thing it seems that i cant upload at all once the torrent file finishes.Anything on that?

10. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Don't know why PG would help but hey, good enough. Look into that modem and also any throttling over at the Rogers forum.