1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitlord - Abnormal Rubbish Data Problem

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Gatekpr, May 15, 2007.

1. Gatekpr

Gatekpr Member

Well, from what I see, most people's problems with rubbish data are where it stops the download and starts dropping. Mine is a tad different.

I was downloading a 7gb file, got 5gb done 40hr later, and boom! It starts dropping the already downloaded data! I went from 76% to 13% in under an hour! Is there any explanation for this? I left all settings for the torrent at their defaults, aside from allowing 5000 peers and seeds to connect at once, but I do that with every torrent.

2. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

BitLord is an outdated and cheap client, that stole its foundations off BitComet, one of the early versions, therefore has uncoantable amounts of bugs.

Hereupon please cease the use of this very 'gray' client.
    I reccommend changing clients to a user friendly uTorrent, or the fantastic BitTornado.

As far as I know BitLord is full of spyware, hated and has more than a few problems with Glitch o' condriac.

Get rid of this client and run a spyware/virus check.
    Click here, to show you programs that can run and scan for viruses, which also happen to be free.

Sorry
    Normally it is against my 'new policy' to tell an AfterDawn user to cease the use of a client, or to suggest a change. I am adviceing you because I want you to have a better experience with BitTorrent with clients such as uTorrent, BitTornado, and maybe even Azureus.

3. Gatekpr

Gatekpr Member

I've used all of those torrent programs and gotten no better experience than with bitlord. I'm alkso behind 2 soft firewall, one router firewall, and 3 passive anti-virus/spyware programs.

Of course, I found the problem, but was too stupid to cease my download from deteriorating any further. It turns out that, in my greed for speed, I switched the download over the Azureus, which changed all of the file names, removing the ".bc!" extensions. When I started it back up in bitlord after Azureus got an error (what else is new?), it thought the files were rubbish and started deleting them all...that's my theory, anyhow.

4. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Start fresh, clear away all that bad data, and BitLord, because there is nothing holy about BitLord.

I am having to go against me policy for the second time now, and I advice just get uTorrent, stick with it, download normally, read a few guides, and you will be happy in no time.