1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bitlord help!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by pip12345, Jun 18, 2007.

1. pip12345

pip12345 Guest

i just downloaded bitlord and i installed it and when i go to open it it says it has encountered a problem how do i fix this?

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Try a different client, BitLord is just a ripoff of an earlier version of BitComet with all that versions bugs, contains Adware and is banned on some private sites.

3. Sohn536

Sohn536 Regular member

bitlord does not contain adaware, and is banned on SOME privated sites but not all of them. use u torrent

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_BitTorrent_software and this from another site: "BitLord claims to be "based on the BitComet core", which seems to imply that it is a fork of BitComet - but in fact it is a near-identical copy modified only to include advertisements. It also replaces BitComet's list of BitTorrent sites with a search box which only leads to affiliates of BitLord. BitLord has become quite commonly used because many popular BitTorrent sites include advertisements for it. Although BitLord is adware, it has so far been relatively harmless: BitLord has not been known to install malicious spyware and its only ads are in its toolbars." I'll second utorrent