1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BitLord kills wireless internet connection

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by halfdesic, Jun 29, 2007.

1. halfdesic

halfdesic Member

After my most recent computer format and reinstall, I installed BitLord and began downloading torrents, as I had always done in the past. However, I ran upon one major issue that I've never experienced before:

Within 5 minutes of starting multiple torrent downloads on BitLord, my download speed, which is usually up in the upper 100s or low 200s kB/s, suddenly decreases to zero kB/s and stays there. After this occurs, I no longer get any internet on the computer (i.e. Internet Explorer can't access any page, instant messengers don't work, etc.), but my wireless connection remains connected. (I use a Linksys WUSB54GS which usually has a 54 Mbps connection). Essentially, I can still access the network, I just lose my internet connection. I can only regain my internet access after either repairing the connection or disabling the WUSB54GS and allowing it to reconnect. After this, the internet works perfectly fine and there are no issues.

I assume BitLord is somehow overloading either my router (Linksys WRT54GS) or my WUSB54GS itself, but I have no idea how I would begin to limit the down/up speed of Bitlord in order to correct this issue. I've already tried routing through my router according to BitLord's listening ports, and I've applied that TCP.sys connection patch that's so readily avaliable on the internet. (Its name escapes me now, but I'm sure you're all familiar with it.)

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to remedy this situation?
    Thanks for all your help.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Have you tried with a different client, BitLord is probably one of the worst out there. Just a copy of an earlier BitComet including its bugs. Because it worked fine before doesn't mean it always will, then again, may be nothing to do with it.

3. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

I have quite the same problem...

I run my yabc downloading maybe 3-5 files at a time...and after a while, the DL rate is fairly good, but I cant surf the web, check email, nothing. Its like all of my bandwidth goes to the torrents....is that normal?

did i open my ports wrong? i did follow the tut....

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I'm not familiar with your client but try limiting your download speed. Slowdown is normal but not to the point of nothing else working. PeerGuardian will block some sites but allowing HTTP fixes that, not sure if you need it though. It may take about 1/2 hour to achieve maximum speed, that's normal. And keeping downloads to 1 or 2 will allow faster speeds on those, otherwise your just sharing your bandwidth between 3 - 5.

5. daexion

daexion Member

What OS are you using? If it's Vista check your Windows Firewall, Windows security Center and Windows Defender. I had the same exact problem, and turned those three services off. It might be the Firewall, the Security Center, Defender, all three, or some combination thereof.