1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bitornado

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by alan60, Mar 7, 2005.

1. alan60

alan60 Member

hi theree..i was wondering if anyone can help me cause my download rate doesn't goes faster than 5KB/s and i tried everything to make it work such as using the download accelerator, and make it find more sources every 3 minutes and everything else to improve it and it doesn't work. i dont know what else i can do, and i check it that my firewall allows those softwares to acces the internet...so i really dont know how i can make that work..so please if anyone can help me i would aprreciate a lot
    thanxs

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Hi Alan60,

First...a few questions...

do you have a router?
    what port/s does tornado say its using?
    what is your upload rate
    what is the capacity (speed) of your internet connection?

3. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

I suggest you switch to Azureus and set up the settings there. I use it with 56k at home and works great with a broadband connection. Mr Taz has a point with the upload rate. I didn't read in your post that you messed with those settings. Some bittorrent progs have a special setting that if you have a low upload, you will have a low download, to keep things fair. U may change your upload rate to a higher number, I think 40 and you can have unlimited d/l after that. Depends on the prog really. Take it ez...

4. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Akazecks WTF are you talking about?

1)Azureus is Java - resource hungry with a large application footprint. Sure it looks pretty but there are better and more efficient clients available !!!

2)Upload should not be set to more than 80% of bandwidth available, how can you suggest 40 without knowing their connection limits....and 40 what KB or Kb

3)
    [bold]NOT STRICTLY TRUE[/bold] this is determined by the tracker, number of seeders, local configuration, port forwarding, connection bandwidth...and other factors.

4)No mention of ports or port blocking in your suggestions either.

Whatever you do, don’t use any of the following ports for torrents, ISP's are getting smarter and restricting bandwidth on these ports.

Direct Connect 411 - 413
    Kazaa 1214
    eDonkey 4662
    Gnutella 6346 - 6347
    WinMX 6699
    BitTorrent 6881 - 6889

I recommend using a group of approx 10 ports (ish, one for each torrent) in the range 49152 through 65535, don’t forget your port forwarding ( if you have a router) else torrent tracker may well reject your connection request. Some will also block you if you are using ports in the banned / restricted bandwidth range.

Akazecks,

next time you want to be helpfull, do your homework first !!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005