1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitorrent Slow! Tried EVERYTHING! Please help?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by joe567, Feb 13, 2007.

1. joe567

joe567 Member

Ok, I am getting REALLY slow bitorrent speeds and I have been having this problem for awhile so I'll try to explain everything I am using and everything I tried to speed it up.

Client: uTorrent
    Speeds: 10-15kB/s up/I can get my max up. But I tried limiting it.
    Router: Linksys WRT54G
    Actual Connection Speed: 3mbit/Sec down and 768 KBits/Sec up
    Modem: uhh... Its a westell not sure of the model
    ISP: Verizon
    OS: Windows XP with service pack 2 (I have it so the firewall is off)

Ok, and uTorrent says in every download in the corner has a red circle saying "Not Connectible".

I am forwarding ports and have tried everything in the guide above and everything in this guide. And cannot seem to get a decent speed.

And I have even tried connecting directly through the modem and still slow speeds.

With every torrent there is plenty of seeders/peers.

Please help?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  2. joe567

joe567 Member

Ah! Nevermind! I solved it! Apparently my modem needed to be port forwarded too.

3. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

would you mind telling me how to forword ports through the modem? I have a westell dsl modem like you do

4. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

go to www.portforward.com, select your router than the program your using. It's really helpfull and easy to forward your ports :) Good Luck!!

5. joe567

joe567 Member

The portforward site only shows routers... no modems. But what I did was go into my modem and went to Configuration>Service Configuration and then click create new custom service and chose port forward. Then chose my ports and it got addded to the list and then I clicked activate.

6. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

It worked, thanks alot

7. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

i have gone to the port foward website and followed directions until the part when is was logging onto my ip adrees website. i put admin as the user and admin as the passord as the the directions stated but it just refreshed the page and made me do it again. why??, i havent messed with thpse setiings before so i know i never made a password for it.

8. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

lol yea i had that problem too, if your using d-link the username is admin and the pass is just blank. I think; try it and tell me if it works because i just took my router out

9. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

if your talking about what router i have it is a linksy g 54mbs an i tried the noe password thing and it didnt work any other ideas.

10. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

hmm not really; just try to find it on your cd, box or router or call the company and ask them

11. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

what would the pass word description be under, like login user name and password... or admin password or what??

12. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

i found on the website that the default ssid is linksys, so i did that typed linksys under user and no password, and a screen came up that was faded pinkl saying authorization required?? i dont no help!!, i was thinking i i think when one time i sent my laptop to the local computer people, for cleaning viruses, i think they might have made me a ssid but i dont know..

13. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

i found on the website the default ssid is linksys but when i put that in a screen says authorization require?? i think one time when i turned my laptop to the pc people they might have masde me a ssid but i dont no or it could be just that i am not doin something right even though i followed directions from everywhere pleez help!!

14. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

lol im not really sure but check around this site for guides and stuff

15. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

is there any way i can find out the password and username that someone already put on by doin something or updating the firmware or anythinge else....??

16. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

well that's if some1 already set the password and username for your router but if you don't have one im not quite sure. Call up the company and ask them, they're sure to have the answer :)

17. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

ok thanks for your help and last question, when someone makes the password and username, it isnt for the computer, but for the router correct?

18. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

lol, that depends what their making it for. Your router has different username and pass then other folders and stuff. Im not really sure because i haven't played around with routers. Also it might not be your router, some isps block torrents and stuff:check http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs to see if yours might block

19. ckystyler

ckystyler Member

what ports should i open for bittorent, which ones work better for yall and i have a question when i type in the port number in the start slab do i put the same number in the end one to?

20. TupacFan

TupacFan Member

yes you do.