1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bitrate conversion

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by SweetEve, Jul 31, 2002.

1. SweetEve

SweetEve Guest

I hope that I am not asking a question that has been asked a zillion times before.....I am trying to burn a movie to one cd rather than 2.....I know this can be done and I have a guide that walks me thru this process the only thing is I do not understand the coversion process for bitrate .......Is there a guide or a program that I can just type in the length of the movie and it will tell me what to set my bitrate as ......Oh yea I am blonde........LOL

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Ummh.. First of all, it depends on your video format how you do it. But basically it requires re-encoding which means that the quality will be worse, much worse -- you would get much better quality if you would rip the movie directly to 1-CD version from DVD compared to process that you do a 2-CD version and then re-encode it to 1-CD version.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

And I'm blonde too, not an excuse ;-)

4. SweetEve

SweetEve Guest

I download movies that are divx........according to the the guide that I am using " the newbies guide to fitting a movie on one CD using TMPGEnc" if the movie is over 110 mins the bitrate must be changed........this has confused me greatly.....I downloaded and printed this guide off of vcdhelp.......... and as I stated I am lost on how to figure the bitrate .....and am looking for guidance or a source that will explain it so that I can understand it.........The cmt about my being blonde was meant in jest and not as an excuse.....so have a laugh and if u know how to better explain bitrate please do.......thank u and have a good one.