1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitsetting

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tarponana, Mar 13, 2007.

1. tarponana

tarponana Guest

I've tried to follow the directions on bitstting, when I go through the steps, instead of saying "success" it says failure. I have a lite-on DVDRW sohw1633s. I also have WinDVD in here, when I put a DVD in the drive, WinDVD pops up. Actually, maybe I should start from the beginning.

I purchased a program called 'MemoriesOnTv" to create slide shows.I am fairly new at this, so I have been stumbling around trying to overcome one obstacle after another.After reading some topics on which DVD to use I came across the bitsetting idea,which seemed like a great idea for me, as it seemed to solve my problem assuring me if I made a slide show for someone, it would play on almost any home player. When I go to burn from MOTV the WinDVD program comes up. I really don't thing that should happen, but it does. At any rate I do think it is somehow interfering with bitsetting. I hope someone can help me...Why am I getting the "failure" pop up?...Thank you

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

go into tools in DVDDecrypter and select drive> then change book type> and click on the lite on tab and set the booktype there. Make sure you DVD burner is selected in the start window of decrypter especially if you have more than one. Set them all.

3. tarponana

tarponana Guest

Thanks for the reply. When I do that, instead of a message that says success, it says failed! I have tried everything,including the lite-on dycrepter. What else may be wrong?

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Haven't a clue. How old is your drive. Is it capable of bit setting? Is firmware up to date?

5. tarponana

tarponana Guest

Again Garmoon, Thanks.The Lite-on is about 3 years old. It's built into mu PC. Which is a Compaq Presario. As I said I am pretty new at this, so I am embarrassed to ask, but what is "firmware?"

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member