1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bittorent Problem - Downloads not working

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Oriphus, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi, I am completely new to Bittorent and seem to be having a few difficulties. Firstly, i was able to get something to download from EliteTorrents a while ago. However, I got disconnected from the internet and when i reconnected, nothing will download. I am using BitSpirit - a relatively new software for Bittorrent, but it looks excellent. I was using this Bitspirit when i was able to download.

My problem is this:

When i am on the EliteTorrent website, the files i am looking to download are showing as having seeds/peers (not really sure what that is but presume its got something to do with people downloading and uploading the file?). However, when i download the file that you double click on to start the real downloading of the program, it shows up as having 0/0 seeds/peers. Im having no problem downloading from Filelist.org, using the same program, its downloading at the minute.

The errors that are being listed are as follows:

- building peer list...
    - Incorrect Peer Info
    - Can't receive seeds info from tracker, waiting for re-entry

Does anyone know what has gone wrong and suddenly why its no longer working. I was getting around 45kb/s at the start when it did working. With that other website im only getting around 5kb/s - thats very poor for my connection. Id appreciate any help at all.

2. 4pac

4pac Member

Sounds to me like the tracker on that website is down. You most likely have nothing wrong on your part because you can download from other websites fine. You can try to download a different BT client (I highly doubt it will do anything though) Give it a couple of days and try to download from the same website again, it should work by then.