1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bittorent program recomendations

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ChibiJa, Mar 20, 2007.

1. ChibiJa

ChibiJa Member

Hello I need to use a new torrent program and I need recommendations on a good one.

Torrenting for 3 years I've used:

Bittorent original
    BitComet
    BitSpirit
    Azureus
    uTorrent
    ABC

I would use BitComet but for some reason the downloads are slow, and it keeps on trying to reconnect to the tracker. Another thing that huge is bandwidth. I've altered my upload speed and such but with no luck programs like BitSpirit and uTorrent just kill my internet connection for some reason. Azureus doesn't even want to work on my PC, tried it twice got same response. The original Bittorent and ABC are good, but I want a torrent program that will let me pick which files I want to download rather than downloading the whole file. A lot of what I download are packs of stuff and i want to pick what I want.

So does anyone have any recommendations on a good torrent program that:

- Has good download speed
    - Doesn't kill your internet connection
    - Lets you pick which files you want to download
    - Hash Checking

Thanks

2. engel212

engel212 Member

Alot of private trackers ban Bit Comet still so I would avoid that.

Most places I seen recommend uTorrent, which is what I use now, but Azureus with some of the mods may be the best overall in terms of speed vs safety with it's safe peer options built in.

There is a new Azureus in beta that may work with ya. If not uTorrent sounds like it will do what ya need.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  3. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

What os your running cause i was using xp media center edition and u torrent was the best client but once i moved over to vista utorrnet keeps killing my connectivity and have to reboot to get it back. so if thats ur problem ur not alone. im gonna try azerus and see if that works. but hope someone can figure out the deal with utorrent and vista.

4. Jeebiss

Jeebiss Member

uTorrent is really good, and to fix the internet dieing problem, open up uTorrent and turn off DHT.

5. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

I've tryed everything, just finally i changed the ports to range of6000 to 6900 and it looks like is holding, i think for some reason the ports i had assing to utorrent are being block by vista well i'll keep my fingers cross lol. Just gotta remeber to open the ports on your router if you have one and windows firewall.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  6. ChibiJa

ChibiJa Member

Windows XP Home edition I think. Its a pretty old version.