1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BitTorment: Lots of hoops to jump thru at Torrent Sites

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by lon, Feb 6, 2005.

1. lon

lon Regular member

My first post here, so bear with me.

I downloaded BitComet.

I have looked over the BitTorrent Guide from afterdawn which is nicely laid out.

But the first thing I did was click on Supernova as
    a practice and only learned after days of frustration that Supernova only uses the original BiT Torrent as a reference.

The main job I am trying accomplish is get some documentaries broadcast on BBC called The Power of
    Nightmares. This may sound easy (as I believe it should be.) However there seems to be a lot of difficulty just logging into these torrent sites or, failing that, retrieving a password. I have had that problem with one site in particular which refuses a password mailback.

These several initial problems have prevented me from getting any good practice with BitComet. I am on dialup and I'm aware that dialup is ineffective for
    BitComet downloads. However, I intend to upgrade in a
    month or 2 when my current contract at the ISP comes due. I'd prefer to use this time to get the hang of the sequence of operations.

Again, the specific items needed are three hour- long documentaries which are available but whose sites are making my life frustrating. Here is the worst offender:

http://filesyouneed.com/

What happens here is my recorded id gets filled in,
    I have to supply a security code which is randomized
    at each login and then after all that shite, I get an
    error. As if that isn't enough, various errors occur
    if I try to request a new password and have to supply a confirmation code which was never received.

So where is a good place to find The Power of Nightmares torrents in mpeg/vcd format?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd ripping*

How about ya post in the appropriate forum in the future?

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

lol, I found and downloaded one of the many torrents for this series in about 5 secs after reading your post. Maybe its cause I don't use BT that often, but the sites that I have used are bascially google clones. No login or account required. You just search and the results come up. Try http://www.vip-torrents.com/ Found it there right off the bat. Search for nightmare, and several choices will come up. Pick the one that is seeded the most.

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Oh, and is this series good? I've seen some good bbc docs, and am interested in this topic.

5. lon

lon Regular member

Since I wrote the first post here, I did manaage to
    use one of the anime sites and start a download. Did not
    get that far so until I get broadband, I'll stay off of the BT's.

Where _is_ the appropriate place to post for this, or
    are there just those on here who like to be Net Police?

Anyway, a big YES to the Power of Nightmares. I am willing to negotiate for someone to get me a set of these 3 documentaries playable on astandard dvd player
    and of very good quality.

Anyone interested can email me. I think you can get the email from my profile. If not send a fresh message.
    Adam Curtis has said he hopes tyhat these are shown widely and there are no for sale copies availabe from
    BBC or the director.

lon

6. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

check your pm

7. lon

lon Regular member

Done and done.

thanks.

lon