1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BitTornado was working fine some days ago, but now it won't!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by aer0blue, May 21, 2007.

1. aer0blue

aer0blue Member

Hello. I'm having issues with BitTornado. I had opened my ports and the program was working fine, I was getting good connections and the light was green. However, some days ago the light wouldn't go back to green...it was stuck in yellow! And my download speed greatly decreased. And as far as I remember, I did not meddle with any of the settings. Could anyone give me some help here? I've been looking back and forth for solutions, but nothing yet... I'm tempted to smash the router into the wall. ;)

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Can't help you but BitTornado, while a good client, caused me almost the same problem after one year of everything being fine. In my case, the light went from green to yellow to red to black over the course of a couple of weeks. The weird thing, for me, was that BitTornado on another computer with the same connection was fine but eventually gave the same results. Switching to another client caused some problems for a week or two but then was fine. I never knew what happened but suspect my ISP.

3. aer0blue

aer0blue Member

Hmm...so perhaps it may be a temporary problem with my ISP? Maybe I should give them a call. It's just so strange that it stopped working out of the blue like that.

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Don't think you should do that unless you don't mention torrents. Could be your ISP started throttling, too, but they may deny it.

5. aer0blue

aer0blue Member

I see. So what precisely is throttling and how does it work, if I may ask?

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

This is a very simple explanation but basically an ISP identifies material as a torrent and blocks it regardless of any cap you may have on your account.

Last edited: May 21, 2007