1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BitTorrent being slow?!?!?!?!? HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by 1337mafia, Feb 16, 2008.

1. 1337mafia

1337mafia Guest

Slow up and down speeds

2. 1337mafia

1337mafia Guest

Pc info:

3.33GHz 624MB(ram)
    XP Media Center SP3 (v.3282)

Client:

BitTorrent 6.0.2

~I use to get 400KB/s but now even with amzingly good seeded torrents i get 20KB/s to 100KB/s (which only last for about 5seconds i ran a speed test from "speakeasy" and got the following (up speeds are usually stuck at 25KB/s)

Speed Test Results:

Download Speed: 6917 kbps (864.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 484 kbps (60.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

i have read many forums and nothing has helped so i decided to make my own all i want is for my down speed to be back at wat it was or if possible alot faster

i am still a partial n00b so bare with me

3. Rustbuket

Rustbuket Member

1337, I'm new to torrents myself and tried bittorrent first. I saw insanely slow speeds on well seeded files.. Messed with it a bit.. Gave up on it..
    Downloaded Azureus Vuze and after figuring out how to allow it thru windows firewall and Good port settings I was getting great speed.
    All i can think of is, have you changed firewall settings? And have you tried a different port range?

I even did a test at bittorrents home page and downloaded the Rambo trailer.. I did get AMAZING speed on that download.. but nothing else was fast..

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

it is all about what the seeders are pushing up to you also what do you have your up speed at? when you are just downloading set your up speed to at least 10k and your down to unlim and see if that helps , also you might try changing your clinet to utorrent

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

6. 1337mafia

1337mafia Guest

i have tried that thread and have read it many times but i seem to get no where with it....

but i have startd to grow a beard after readn about 50pages (out of the 68 there currently is)

i am now usen utorrent now (and am prob gonna stick with it since its what i startd with back in duh day =D )and i cant the same result it just takes less room up on my computer

i have tried pretty much all torrent programs known to man in the last like 2 days

i have port forwarded and i have turned my firewall off i have configured it and no result i downloaded the rambo torrent and my connection maxed out at 200KB/sit went a tiny over but nothning that id call improvemnet

is there any programs i can doewnload to speed it up or patchs or is there a utorrent config edit i can do ?????

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Did you add a router, new modem, software Firewall lately? Disable UPnP at options>preferences>connection and use a port that isn't the default in case that applies, utorrent does randomize it so that.s probably not it. Do you get port open at speed guide?

8. 1337mafia

1337mafia Guest

the only thing i have done lately is remove a computer from the network (wireless)
    ports are open and i have a auto randomize

9. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If you have an open port in utorrent's test, you're set. At options>speed guide>connection type, set it to xx?512 k and utorrent will automatically set it to kB for you. Or you can try xx384 k as you're between both but that's a bit on the low side, run a speed test at various times over several days to get a good average. Your speeds are totally dependant on a good total seed to peer ratio, number of connections, amount peers have, your upload setting, etc. and you can pretty well assume that any seeds on public sites have their upload turned down.