1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bittorrent download .rar problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by perro20, Feb 28, 2005.

1. perro20

perro20 Guest

a friend download need for speed underground 2 pal fulldvd from mesi-torrent and he extract the .rar files with winrar but the extracted file dont comes as isos.
    how can i entract the files to convert them to isos?
    (i hope you understand what i wrote lol)

2. chris_805

chris_805 Member

well if it didnt come out as an iso, what extension did it come out with??

.img
    .bin & .cue
    .nrg

???

3. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

hey there...i need help on burning the game resident evil outbreak... because they are in tar files and the files in it are kinda different on other dvd backups... the files are for example

dnl-reoe.1
    dnl-reoe.2
    dnl-reoe.3...
    something like that and there is also a .NFO file....

how do you burn these files and make it work to my ps2???

4. perro20

perro20 Guest

i extracted need for speed winrar archive 2,610,710 kb with winrar and what comes from that is 53 files
    dnl-nfsu2.001 to dnl-nfsu2.053 an then i try to extract each of then but i cant anymore

5. Calis

Calis Guest

Generally you just extract one and it will be an .iso file.

6. hursty

hursty Active member

7. perro20

perro20 Guest

i download games before and with opening one file became isos but this files cannot be extract

8. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

so can somebody help us to deal with these files??... or is there a program to convert them to isos?...and wyou said when we extract them..they will automatically change to isos??... how is that?... i extracted it and the files are still the same...

9. Iorkca

Iorkca Member

This is the easiest thing to do with files that end in .001 to .00whatever, if it came with an .sfv file go download an sfv checker and open the file if all goes well there is an option in the sfv program to convert the files to the proper extensions which woulf be .rar and so on. If your sfv program fail because the check does not pass easiest thing to do after that and i have done it 3 times already is to manually change the file extensions by hand. Start with (filename).001 and name it (filename).rar then go to (filename).002 and name it (filesname).r00 then go on and keep adding one to the number example next number would be .r01 then .r02 if you do it right it will extract fine with win rar. Hope this helps

10. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

thanks for your help.. but when i extract it it turned out to be a .GI file... and i use ultraiso to open this file and finally i can see the SLus file and the bin files of the game... and when i try to convert this .GI file to .ISO i got an error message on 99%... i dont know why what happenned tho...and if you gonna burn this do i have to put the sfv file and nfo file too??

11. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

what i meant about my last reply is..do i have to put the nfo and sfv file too when i burn it to a dvd-r??

12. Iorkca

Iorkca Member

no to the nfo and svf. To convert the file to iso did you use magic iso, you could also just extract the files and rebuild the iso with tools you can find by searching Rebuilt with isobuster.

13. perro20

perro20 Guest

thanks alot iorkca now this things is working

14. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

i already burnt it and it loaded...but in the load screen the message Now Loading appeared and after that it turned to a black screen... i used Philips 8x max and burnt it in 2x speed... can you help me with this