1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bittorrent experiencing port symptoms but i have no router!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by kcjlo, Mar 29, 2005.

1. kcjlo

kcjlo Member

I saw the sticky thread about the slow bittorrent speeds and opening the ports, but I have no router and i'm experiencing the same symptoms. downloads never seem to go past 10kB/s no matter how many seeders there are. is there a way to do something about this? is there a possibility that something might be in my modem that's got some sort of port configuration that's slowing things down?

i'm using cox HSI in santa barbara and this is so strange because when i first started my account things were perfectly fine. it used to download so fast. after like a month and a half i'm getting these symptoms...

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

1. Use a port like 53000 if you don't already.

2. Try sites such as TorrentBytes and EliteTorrents, it may be the tracker you are downloading from is slow.

3. Do you have Windows XP Firewall active? If you do, I think you need to open up ports on that.

3. kcjlo

kcjlo Member

yea i tried all that. i'm thinking the ISP's blocking bit torrent ports. other p2p works great, but bittorrent is ridiculously slow.

4. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Well, I know for a fact that ISPs are blocking all the lower ports, but I've been using port 53000 and been getting great speeds. I would try different ports and experiment.

5. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

Hi..

when you say 53000 for the port, do you mean the lower port of the maximum port. I don't use a router just have high speed cable and the port is configured to 6881 in low and 6999 in maximum in the trorrent software. I have disabled the windows xp firewall. Should I change them and which one? I have been searching and cane seem to fine the answer since most people have and use routers.