1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bittorrent help Please!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Jago88, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Jago88

Jago88 Member

ok before i start i hav read other threads on this subject but cannot figure it out.I use bittorrent and its the old "online, maybe firewalled" problem.What i have done so far is:

1.Disabled windows firewall and router firewall - still says firewalled?
    2.Did all that forwarding ports about 20 times - seem to hav followed instructions to a tee but still isnt working.
    3.Switched to other clients to see wud it make a difference - it didnt.

Does anybody hav any suggestions on where i might be going wrong?any help much appreciated thank you

2. riley804

riley804 Member

Unistall BitTorrent and try using UTorrent. For me, it seems to work better .

3. Jago88

Jago88 Member

thanks ill try that and see how it goes

4. Jago88

Jago88 Member

now ive tried to open the port by doing exactly what portforward.com says to do and it still says:

Error! Port 12976 does not appear to be open.

any suggestions on what im doing wrong?

5. Jago88

Jago88 Member

finally i figured it out, thank god

6. umrebel

umrebel Guest

Well what did you do to finally get it working. i am having the same problems, and i also have tried the port forwarding and all that , still it shows that my download speeds are very slow and may take as much as 12 days to download a movie. im on a broadband connection so i know its not my internet connection speed. help me out please im at a complete loss

7. Jago88

Jago88 Member

i just kept trying the port forwarding and i was just about to giv up and then it worked, i must hav been doing something wrong all the time but i honestly cudnt tell u what i did differently

8. irishjim

irishjim Guest

just get the new utorrent client and it will set ur ports up and with the click of a buttom wham u have high download and upload speeds . Well worked for me :-]

9. umrebel

umrebel Guest

Well maybe im doing it wrong too. i am using a linksys router and the only thing i can think of is that i put the application as torrent, should it be bittorrent, or bit torrent? i am usually pretty good at computer stuff, but the really technical administration and network stuff has me kind of at a loss

thanx in advance if you can offer any suggestions