1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bittorrent not downloading anymore

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by amun, Mar 17, 2007.

1. amun

amun Member

I have been using bittorrent to download for a while and i stopped downloading stuff for a few weeks. When i started to download again it wont download, it connects to the peers but the download speed stays at 0. Is it possible that a windows update or something similar could have caused me some problems please help im stuck.

2. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

Hi, I think the only way you will get a response to this is if you provide a bit more info. Are you using a router for example,, which client are you using (azureus etc).

I get all windows updates (as I use a legit copy of windows) and it has never affected my downloads. It's got to be either the settings in the sotware you are using,,,settings in your modem / router,,,or that your isp has blocked the use of bit torrent.

3. blackymx

blackymx Guest

i hav e same problem too. im using Bittorrent. but i dunno im using modem or router leh. how to know? wad is router btw?

4. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

Hi

The modem is the thing that commects to the outside world and brings in your internet connection through phoneline or cable,,,the router is the thing that allows moer than one computer to access it.
    You may not have a router,,,or you might have an 'all in one' modem and router combined.

post back with some make and model numbners from anything you have.

5. blackymx

blackymx Guest

my modem is speedtouch 536 v6. is tis info enough? i c other web say change e port range..n put own IP address. bt i dunno put where. i try copy my IP address into e port range but cant leh.. i reali very confused leh.

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

This will probably confuse you even more but it really isn't that complicated. Your Speedtouch contains a firewall so you have to forward your ip address and a port range within it. But, if your address changes each time you reboot, any port forwarding is useless and you'll need a static address that doesn't change. Go to Start>Run, type in cmd or command and select ok. In the next black box, type in ipconfig/all, select enter and you'll see some info including your ip address. Make a note of it and type exit and select enter or just close and upon restarting after 10 minutes, check it again and if your ip address is different, it will have to be static. Here are a couple of links to look over in the meantime: http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm and http://portforward.com/english/rout...homson-Alcatel/SpeedTouch536v6/BitTorrent.htm

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  7. blackymx

blackymx Guest

on the secong web,it ask me to type my ip address on my web pg..but it keep saying e web cannot be display leh. y? or should i follow e default one?
    k..i hav try e default de.. but theres no box pop out asking for my user n pw.

8. blackymx

blackymx Guest

for e second web,i hav try towards e last. den for e device,should i use user-defined or microsof-8ed087??
    i try microsof-8ed087..but my bittorrent still cant dl files leh..
    den i try user-defined n type in e ip address i get from e first web..still nth happen leh..
    ermm..is it wrong to choose "create new game and application"? or should i edit e original bittorrent at game and application??
    WAD SHOULD I DO?

9. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I wouldn't edit anything you haven't added yourself; the guide says to create a new game and application. I am not sure why you would already see bittorrent. I'm sorry but I don't understand; have you been able to log in to your router and where do you see user-defined or microsof-8ed087? It isn't your ip address but your Speedtouch address you type into your browser. Should be 192.168.1.254. and use IE, not Firefox, etc.

10. blackymx

blackymx Guest

i mean e last image,u scroll down to e end..under device,beside ABC(another bittorrent client),dere got show 3 options,user-defined is highted blue,n still gt unknown 00-04...,your 30f4... But mine hav oni 2 options,user-defined and microsof-8e...
    under e game and application pg,it hav all my items dere aready. dere is a original bittorrent which port range is 6881 to 6889.should i modify tis?

11. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Ok, I see it, shouldn't post when I'm half asleep. Edit to a range over 10,000, say 10,000 - 10,010 but more than 1 download open at once is sharing your bandwidth. User-defined would be your ip address and disable UPnP but make a note of any changes you make in case you have to change it back. Also, a dynamic ip address as opposed to a static ip address will eventually change, so keep an eye on it. Mine lasted over a year and then started changing weekly making port forwarding useless until I corrected it. 6881 - 6889 are bittorrent ports but many ISP's block them.

12. blackymx

blackymx Guest

i hav disable Upnp. should i enable extended security? but still e bittorrent cant dl leh.. n now i cant modify back my bittorent at e game and application..even e 1 i created,ABC(another bittorrent client). i wan restart my bittorrent leh but i try reinstall it,e old files are still dere..n i cant add or delete file..like my bittorrent is jam.. i wan to start a new bittorrent all over again..how ar?

13. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Can you change things back if you enable UPnP or create a new application with the original settings? Extended Security shows as disabled in the guide so I wouldn't touch it. If you have to reset your Speedtouch back to its original settings, there should be a small hole in the back. I just use a paper clip and hold it in for 10 - 15 seconds. Maybe, try to delete in safe mode or even a new client, utorrent is very light on resources.