1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BitTorrent on Belkin Router

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ffmaster, Mar 29, 2005.

1. ffmaster

ffmaster Member

Does Anyone Know how to set bittorrent up on a Belkin F5D7630 router?

Ive had a look and cant quite grasp the aspect of it. there is a page that is Application Gateways so im guessin that is the page but then i dont know how to set it up. It asks for the following:

Trigger Port - Blank Text Box for a number?
    Trigger Type - 2 tick boxes with the options TCP or UDP
    Public Port - A Larger text box to input several ranges?
    Public Type - 2 tick boxes with the options TCP or UDP

I Just Dont know how to work the damn thing..LOL :(

Anybody who knows i would be gratefull if they could inform me of how to set it up

2. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

I've got a Belkin F5D7230-4. To forward ports on it I have type 192.168.2.1 in Internet Explorer toolbar and then click Virtual Servers. It might be a little different for you, but it should be similar. I then have to login and you get a description where you type a descrition (Bittorrents-UDP) set the port numbers, 6881-6889 default, select the type TCP or UDP, then the IP address for your computer you want to use bittorrent on, and finally the port range again. Like I said, we have different models so it might not be the exact same. Feel free to post if you have additional questions.

3. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

I have a belkin router very similar to yours and use azureus for my bittorrent downloads. It works without opening any ports.

4. ffmaster

ffmaster Member

Thanks for that, still abit confused though.
    When i log into my router and click virtual servers i get the following options:

Lan IP Address - Obviously the IP Address of the computer using Bittorrent
    Protocol type - TCP, UDP or Both. What is Bittorrent?
    LAN Port - No Idea What to Put Here???
    Public Port - No Idea Here Either???

I really have no idea what to input wotso ever. Considerin i have a career as an ICT Technician this makes me sound thick as this is the first time i have had to do this....LMAO

5. ffmaster

ffmaster Member

Do U get your full capable download speed using the Azureus Client to download??

6. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Yep i have a 512k connection which maxes out at 60kb download.

7. ffmaster

ffmaster Member

Thanks for that, i will download and try azureus, however i still wouldnt mind knowin how to foward the ports on the router for future reference sepecially for bittorrent!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  8. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Try visiting http://portforward.com They have guides about each type of router and explains what portforwarding is.

9. kryten36

kryten36 Member

hey all,
    i've noticed that alot of folk have probs with the forwardin ports but as alot have said also, that websites such as http://www.portforward.com are very good to get your ports sorted.

However, i have a belkin router (F5D7230-4), and i am a UK resident on ntl's cable broadband so i have their supplied modem. I connect to IRC often and get some great speeds. I thought givin BT a go but for some reason, after configuring my router to open ports for azureus, the smileys still remain on that ever dreaded yellow colour. I have download speeds which vary from 1.5k to 15k. The NAT test came up as OK! but constantly download speeds are rubbish. i have setup both software firewall (norton) to allow ports, and also the "virual server" function in my router, the ports are setup as follows, and yes i have changed the port in azureus also.
    [​IMG]
    after all of this, i still have no decent speeds, i believe i have setup my router correctly as when i am away at uni, i have an ADSL link, which downloads at full speed, without openin ports!.software firewalls are all correct, but still not decent speeds, i'm expecting speeds in the 90k/sec plus region, and downloadin large files is pointless until this is sorted. Any help or suggestions on this is greatly appreciated, if anyone else has a belkin router, they should try the same settings as the above pic, i'm sure they should work, my prob must lie elsewhere!