1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bittorrent settings

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by dmurray0, Oct 14, 2004.

1. dmurray0

dmurray0 Member

Hi,
    First time poster, so HELLO!!! My query is I've just upgraded my broadband connection from 1mb to 2mb and I use Bittornado for my torrents.When on 1mb the downloads were coming through at 70-100kb/s but since upgrading the speed has stayed the same. It once went upto 120kb/s, must have got vertigo and dropped bact to 70 odd!! I was told by a friend something about setting your uploadf to 80% of my capacity but don't know exactly what it is. I used upload rate 24kbs and max uploads 4 when on 1mb. My speed tests are now: Downstream 1765 Kbps (220.6 KB/sec) 1906 Kbps (inc. overheads) Upstream 235 Kbps (29.4 KB/sec) 253 Kbps (inc. overheads) although my downstream usually gets to 1900kbps. What should I now set Bittornado to i.e.upload rate and max uploads, based on above stats? Thansk in advance for your help.

Damien

2. dmurray0

dmurray0 Member

P.s Sorry, forgot to say I'm using a BT Voyager 100 usb modem, and have Sygate as my firewall, with access allowed for Bittornado, if that helps!!