1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BitTorrent Speed Help

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by hoolabob, Mar 8, 2007.

1. hoolabob

hoolabob Member

I have PC that has a direct broadband connection to the internet through comcast. I do not have a router or anything else to hinder or slow my connection settings. I do use PC-Cillin 2006 for my Virus protection and Firewall. I am trying to get my BitTorrent application (it is BitTorrent from bittorrent.com) to get faster DL speeds. I read up on it and find lots of things saying if you properly configure it then you can get very fast download speeds, and yet I can't seem to find anything on how to configure it properly. Can anyone help me with this?

2. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Hey there ;)

Well first of all, you have tried leaving the torrent to download for at least an hour before checking the speed right? Torrents take time to speed up, sometimes, you have checked the amount of peers right, seeds and leeches?

Their Are GUIDES posted here, sitciked the top of the page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some links ;)

Get Utorrent and follow this guide, Utorrent MAX out speed guide
    Why I ask you to get utorrent is because the tutorial, as the name suggests, is based around Utorrent, a very easy to use client in my opnion. I am guessing you will like it better than the 'official' BitTorrent client you said you use, but thats for you to decide.

BTW
    Check out the top section of AD's Windows P2P section, there are more guides there! Windows P2P software