1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BitTorrent Trouble

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by cay, Mar 18, 2005.

1. cay

cay Member

Hi, thanks for checking this thread.

I've been using BitTorrent for a long time right now, without having any trouble. Untill a couple of days ago. My BitTorrent (newest version) shows the messages 'Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: Torrent not registered with this tracker' upon starting every torrent. I've tried several files from several websites, but it keeps saying that message. I'm virus-proteted with Norton Antivirus 2002 (up-to-date) and firewalled behind ZoneAlarm Security Suite (up-to-date, Bittorent is allowed to do anything). I've never had trouble with this software and bittorrent. Could someone please help me? Thanks in advance.

Maybe following information might be usefull too: Windows XP Home Edition, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 15GB HDD-space left (out of 80)and'I have 1,6MBps internet connection speed.

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

you have to sign up at the site that the torrent is originally from.

ive used most bittorrent clients in my time but im not sure of every feature of every client as my memory sucks but if you use bittornado,and load up the torrent,it'll tell you the site in red that you need to sign up at.