1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bittorrent

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by stormy90, May 28, 2007.

1. stormy90

stormy90 Guest

i got bit torrent but it is taking forever to gets those downloads done i set up my seetings to network upload rate 4kb/s and my download rate is 121MB/S is there any way that my downloads goes more faster bye

2. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

-.-

Let me congratulate you on the most 'creative' title...ever!

Your download speed in BitTorrent, or any other P2P (Peer-2-Peer) application for that matter, relies on the upload speed of others - so do not assume that because you get xxKB/s when downloading from web sites that you will always get xxKB/s with BitTorrent. Slow download speeds are almost always because the upload bandwidth required to provide you with fast downloads just isn't there... so there is no way to magically speed it up, other than going out and buying everyone who you're downloading from (seeds/peers) a faster internet connection.

Can I ask now, have you followed any guides, proper ones, on setting up your client?
    Is you ISP traffic shaping, or filtering bittorrent traffic? Call them up and ask them how they feel about p2p apps.
    Is you ISP listed here?
    Go here download one of their torrents, run for about 30 minutes or 40, and see what kind of speed you get.

Remember: Torrents need about 40 minutes to speed up, when the filesize is really big.

Last edited: May 30, 2007