1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bittorrents with CD1 & CD2 folder (dont know how to play it)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by gillian7, Apr 13, 2005.

1. gillian7

gillian7 Member

I have just started using torrents and i got to watch charmed ok and it downloaded as a winamp file with the logo on.
    I have just downloaded this film that is a folder, if I go into it, it has CD1, CD2, sample file & ms info. If i go into CD1 there are loads of square files and nothing happens, if I go to open in winamp its just a blank screen and nothing happens.
    The sample file plays 1 min of the film ok and thats it, how do I tell it to play CD1 and CD2...please any help. I must need something or turn something on, but im new to the PC so i aint got a clue! but if someone could tell me what im doing wrong I would realy apreciate it...Cheers

2. marleymuk

marleymuk Member

the squares that are in the folders are called rar files.you will have to download a free pice of software called winrar once you have done this right click on one of the squares and it will give you a option to extract files do so and save to where ever you want. this will extract the video file and then you can watch it on your media player.

3. gillian7

gillian7 Member

Thanks, I downloaded winrar and sussed out what to do from then on... daemon manager was realy easy to use!!

Thanks alot...Gillian

4. marleymuk

marleymuk Member

hey gillian where you from a/s/l

5. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

Its a little late now. That was a month ago.

WinRAR saved my life. most video files that you download will be in RAR.
    You can download a video connector to connect the video (dah) or you can just burn them side by side.