1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bizarre DVD-R issue...

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Confoo, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Confoo

Confoo Member

Hi all. I am a tv news photographer and had my professional resume tape mastered onto a TDK DVD-R at a local video production house. This DVD master plays fine in my Pioneer DV-414 DVD player. However, when I burn DVD-R copies of the master, those copies will not play on the same Pioneer. Yes, I am using the same brand of TDK DVD-R discs. It's not like I am trying to copy a copyrighted movie. I am making exact DVD-R copies of the master that worked, and the copies will not work. CONFUSED!

I am using Nero to make the copies. By the way, the copies play fine on my PS2 and on my computer.

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hi Confoo,

Use this free utility to get the media ID code of both the master TDK disc and your blank TDK discs. http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/ You might have got some blank TDK discs made by CMC Mag which is not a very good manufacturer. Several companys besides TDK make the discs for TDK, most are good manufactures with CMC being the exception. Look here. http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I've posted this elsewhere already, but did you select 'DVD-Video' whne you burned your copy? It sounds like the problem I was describing earlier where if you burn it using UDF instead of 'DVD-Video' (which is ISO9660/UDF, I believe), your PC will read it but your standalone won't.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005