1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bizzare Messiah 2 problem - please help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ttpsm2, Apr 12, 2003.

1. ttpsm2

ttpsm2 Member

I have installed a messiah 2 pro in my V7 PS2, it is definitely installed correctly because intermittently plays original dvd, dvd backups, dvd movies (with messiah switched off only!) and it always plays all CD's. One minute it would only do original dvd games and then it will only do dvd backups. I was almost certain that the pot settings on the dvd were incorrect so i have tried adjusting it and got different behaviour as a result, i finnally got a setting that does everything and i tried booting the diff formats in quick sucsession and they all worked, apart from you have to switch messiah off to get dvd movies to work!

BUT at the same time i have been having this problem where after a few resets and trying different formats, when you do a reset you suddenly get nothing happen! NO Electrons just black screen - while the disc just continually spins. If i take the PS2 apart down to removing cage above motherboard and then reassemble it will work again for a while, then it will do it again!

Please someone help, this is basically a good install but something else is wrong. I have exhausted all options i have ever known.

p.s. unplugging power does not cure the black screen problem. I have to take it apart!!

2. ttpsm2

ttpsm2 Member

It never starts up now, what could be the problem? please help

3. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

I had this happen one time with a DMS3 chip. I tested it with the top open and it worked fine. While I was played a DVD-R I started to screw down the controller ports and the disc drive freaked out and spun and enormous speeds.. I had to power down the whole system by pulling the plug.
    when I rebooted...blank screen.

It turns out that some of the connections to the chip and the board made contact with the metal case on the motherboard and caused a short. A wierd one at that. I put some electrical tape over all the connections and the system worked Perfectly.

also watch for the case cuting and wires when you put it back together. This does happen sometime.

So in short: Use electrical tape to cover all you connections.

Let me know if this worked for you.

4. haider83

haider83 Guest

hi!
    my ps2 has a mod chip (dont know which one..sorry!).been playing my backup ps2 dvds and backup ps2 cds on it directly w/o any swapping or any problems for a while. just recently my ps2 started messing up... i have to reset it 40-50 times to get the same backup dvd games started but it plays the backup ps2 cds ( yes backup ps2 cds) or any other media just as before... perfectly well. guys! a little help here'd be appreciated!

5. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

Clean the laser. Open the drive and use Alcho. If that doesn't help open the unit and cheak all connections and make sure one did not blow off. It happens sometimes.

6. haider83

haider83 Guest

thanx fro replying jvegas. how will i know if a conection has blown and how can i fix it?
    help me man... i promise i'll make u rich!!! haha
    p.s. when my stupid ps2 "accidentaly" boots a backup dvd game , it plays it fine w/o getting stuck or slowing down, do u still think its the lens?

7. JVegas

JVegas Regular member